Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Because fat people play it, have you ever seen a fat football player?

If golf is a sport, then violin building is a sport. Just because golf isn't a sport, doesn't mean it is easy by any means of the imagination. The technical aspects (especially consistency) are some of the hardest of any activity you can think of. Chess isn't a sport like golf isn't a sport, but masters in both games have my respect.

Yeah higuain... by that logic American football isn’t a sport.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
And Agresti is saying that we want to work Mandzu into a potential swap as well.

I'd be all over a Lukaku+~30mil for Dybala and Mandzu.

I wouldn’t hate Mandzukic, but I also wouldn’t be remotely upset if he didn’t come.

That said, I’d still be all over Lukaku+30m for Dybala, so obviously throwing in an extra asset wouldn’t hurt.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wouldn’t hate Mandzukic, but I also wouldn’t be remotely upset if he didn’t come.

That said, I’d still be all over Lukaku+30m for Dybala, so obviously throwing in an extra asset wouldn’t hurt.

I think as a rotation options Mandzu would be a great option. Smart player, brings a different element while still being pretty versatile and is a big match player. But I wouldn’t be bothered either way if he came in the deal or not.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah higuain... by that logic American football isn’t a sport.
There is a health crisis for fat linesmen in the NFL, studies have come out showing they're living shorter lives than NFL players in other positions.

I deem it more of a sport due to the contact/physicality involved, but I actually feel more sorry for those players because they gotta be fat to make a living. If they lost weight, they would be cut and their only source of income to keep their family secure for generations would be lost. Being fat in golf has no intrinsic value whatsoever except their lifestyle and lack of athleticism makes them fat.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

And fat people play soccer, as well. Fat people play every sport. It doesn't mean they are good or represent that sport to the wider sporting audience. Like soccer, there are almost no fat golfers who are remotely good professional level players.

You seem to have a very warped idea of golf.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I guess it all comes down to the physical activity part of it, golf doesn't require much, just like snooker, curling or archery.

Comparing them to much more physical sports is pointless, they are just different

Reactions: koyvoo

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006

If golf is a sport, then violin building is a sport. Just because golf isn't a sport, doesn't mean it is easy by any means of the imagination. The technical aspects (especially consistency) are some of the hardest of any activity you can think of. Chess isn't a sport like golf isn't a sport, but masters in both games have my respect.
Fat people in baseball that perform well. But it's true that in football being fat just destroys your knees. Just need to look at Ronaldo.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Golf isn't anymore a sport than lawn bowling IMO. Fun game though. Walk around, take a few swingsand have some good chats.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
And fat people play soccer, as well. Fat people play every sport. It doesn't mean they are good or represent that sport to the wider sporting audience. Like soccer, there are almost no fat golfers who are remotely good professional level players.

You seem to have a very warped idea of golf.

To be fair a fat golfer did win The Open...

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The Bayern statement is worth nothing. City told Bayern to stop talking about a possible transfer or they would block it.
It's kicker, pretty old-fashioned and slow source and it's in German.
Guardiola über Sané: "Jetzt ist die Lage ein wenig anders" | Bundesliga - kicker

In short Pep says he only wants to work with players who really want to be at City. And he's not sure Sane is one of these guys.
Personally I think Sane will go to Bayern and it it will cost them. More than the reported 100m euros.
I also think this (probable) transfer is the reason why Hoeness doesn't want to be president of the club in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad