2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Still wouldn't surprise me to see Tampa win the next game and steamroll the next three

I said in the TB sub-forum that we all know TB can play better but it might take another CBJ implosion to help turn the tide. TB gave CBJ a lot of confidence these past two games and TB better hope CBJ didn't learn well from their mistakes last year.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's hockey not MMA you can't hit someone that's on their knees. There's no point in doing that except to injure. Should be 2 games. Dirty Russian.

Also, the only thing better than watching Tampa lose? Watching the Penguins lose.
What exactly does him being Russian have to do with it?

Because Canadians and Americans never play dirty?

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
No, being on your knees doesn't exempt you from being hit. It might not be clean, the guy throwing the hit might have to answer for it later, but it's not illegal. Don't want to be hit from there? Don't make a play for the puck while on your knees.

I mean, Kucherov was the main reason he was on his knees in the first place. Nutivaara didn't just decide to drop to his knees to play the puck.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It's hockey not MMA you can't hit someone that's on their knees. There's no point in doing that except to injure. Should be 2 games. Dirty Russian.

Also, the only thing better than watching Tampa lose? Watching the Penguins lose.
You can always tell which way someone votes/leans by their language.

Dirty unnecessary hit. Dude was on his knees.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I mean, Kucherov was the main reason he was on his knees in the first place. Nutivaara didn't just decide to drop to his knees to play the puck.

I'm re-watching the gif I posted, and I see Kucherov behind the play nearer the end boards and Nutivaara flailing around and attempting to play the puck for quite awhile instead of getting himself up first. If the guy wants to prioritize trying to play the puck over protecting himself, that's his choice and he got rocked partly because of it.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I'm re-watching the gif I posted, and I see Kucherov behind the play nearer the end boards and Nutivaara flailing around and attempting to play the puck for quite awhile instead of getting himself up first. If the guy wants to prioritize trying to play the puck over protecting himself, that's his choice and he got rocked partly because of it.

And Kucherov, correctly, got suspended for it. What's your point?

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The sharks goalie is awful so far. Im suprised they suspended Kucherov. The nhl has a history of not doing that.

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago

The gif doesn't show the full sequence of events. Prior to the gif, Kucherov tripped him, which is why he was down in the first place. Are you really cool with player A tripping player B and then it's on player B to make sure he abandons the puck and gets on his feet first so he doesn't get boarded?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
What exactly does him being Russian have to do with it?

Because Canadians and Americans never play dirty?
Nothing, inside joke because I'm an Ovy fan. That's the narrative whenever he gets suspended.

Anyways it's against the rules to hit a defenseless player, regardless of why he's defenseless. Also, I've never seen a player hit someone on their knees. Anyone who thinks that's part of the game has never played a single game at any level.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He should be protecting himself better, but Kucherov still cannot make that hit the way he did it at all. As you said you could see the guy in that position for the full three strides if you're Kucherov, you cannot finish him like that and he has rightly been suspended.

It is put up or shutup time in Tampa right now, they haven't been nearly as desperate as Cbus has in anything but the first period of game one. They have been outplayed for 5 straight periods, they didn't have a lot of adversity, but your superstar responding by trying to deliver a cheapshot in the dying minutes of a blowout probably wasn't the answer. Tampa is too good to say they are buried, but we have seen this horrific playoff show before for our Wings of the glory years, LA and Anaheim spring to mind. Good teams that had more talent than the bottom seed really should with goalies that can steal games and heavy hockey. Tampa is going to have to earn it big time now though and really tax themselves to get through round 1, they are in big trouble and should be concerned.

They can do it, they are very talented and Vasy probably will bounce back, but they need a heck of a lot more urgency in their game in my opinion and I do think we are about to see it, only time will tell if it is too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad