2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If Tampa wins this series I can see it being like the Vancouver series in 2002 for Detroit, it wakes them up and they go on to win it all.
They'd still have to play the Caps, and Tampa doesn't handle physical play very well. As much as the regular season has turned into a speed and skill game, the playoffs are still very much physical play...

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't really hate any teams anymore, even rivals. As I've gotten older I think I've relaxed on the animosity (though there's still individual players I can't stand that can affect how I feel about a team). I just don't want repeats. If my team is out of it I'd rather see someone new or someone who hasn't won in awhile win.
I've always felt like I'm friends with all hockey fans of any team. There are so few of us compared to other sports we have to support each other. And hockey is just great, no matter the team.

Except the Penguins. f*** the Penguins, now and forever.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Tampa needs to get their heads on straight quickly. Even when it's not Detroit, watching this amount of talent go down 0-2 to a non-contender is frustrating.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Yea I'm expecting 1 game but he deserves 2. He would get 2-3 if this was regular season.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Kucherov turns into a dirty player when things aren’t going his way. Nothing new.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
For anyone who hasn't seen it:

To me it looks like he initiates the hit with the guy's front shoulder. It's a hard hit and the guy was in a bad position, but Kucherov didn't leave his feet or plough straight through the back of a guy's head like Kadri's hit. Ring him up for a penalty, I guess, but I don't have any real problem with it. Kucherov should remember to keep his head up when these two teams meet next regular season, though.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I think Pittsburgh is in the same position we were around 2011-2012 or so. Excellent core players, but all on the wrong side of 30, and depth beginning to fall off. They'll still be a good team for a few more years, and still might win this series, but the aura is gone.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I think Pittsburgh is in the same position we were around 2011-2012 or so. Excellent core players, but all on the wrong side of 30, and depth beginning to fall off. They'll still be a good team for a few more years, and still might win this series, but the aura is gone.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing, that we're seeing the beginnings of their downslide. Still, a dangerous team and I see that series going to a game 7 coin toss type scenario. Been a very entertaining series from what I've been able to see. Too many good games going on simultaneously and I am too locked in to CBJ, so I didn't get to see a whole lot of the Pitt game.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Just an example for the tank crowd as to why just having the most amount of skill or having a bunch of top 3 picks isn't always what wins you games in the playoffs, even if you have the best freaking team in the league. Attitude, character, heart all matters a lot more than people realize. That Columbus team has got it. This Tampa team doesn't seem to.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
For anyone who hasn't seen it:

To me it looks like he initiates the hit with the guy's front shoulder. It's a hard hit and the guy was in a bad position, but Kucherov didn't leave his feet or plough straight through the back of a guy's head like Kadri's hit. Ring him up for a penalty, I guess, but I don't have any real problem with it. Kucherov should remember to keep his head up when these two teams meet next regular season, though.

It's hockey not MMA you can't hit someone that's on their knees. There's no point in doing that except to injure. Should be 2 games. Dirty Russian.

Also, the only thing better than watching Tampa lose? Watching the Penguins lose.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's hockey not MMA you can't hit someone that's on their knees. There's no point in doing that except to injure. Should be 2 games. Dirty Russian.

Also, the only thing better than watching Tampa lose? Watching the Penguins lose.

No, being on your knees doesn't exempt you from being hit. It might not be clean, the guy throwing the hit might have to answer for it later, but it's not illegal. Don't want to be hit from there? Don't make a play for the puck while on your knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad