2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
maybe they'll trade brayden point to the red wings

That wouldn't be fair unless they added Hedman, and Stamkos. I mean for a package that would come back would include Abdelkader, Helm, and Kronwall. And you can't put a price on playoff experience like that coming back.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
TB made no trade deadline moves to take advantage of the good season their players achieved. That was in the name of chemistry, though it was still questionable not to try to ensure they capitalized on such a good season, but they weren't exactly lacking talent either. I feel like they got out-coached in the CBJ series.

Reactions: 14ari13

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
This Tampa series feels like a Wings series from years gone by, my god the horrible flashbacks.
At least even we didn't manage this kind of failure.

The first team ever to win the Presidents Trophy and be swept in the first round.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Its flashbacks to 2003 when Anaheim swept Detroit when Detroit should have manhandled the Ducks.
It was even worse than that. The Wings were beat by a hot goalie playing the playoff run of his life. Tampa was just outplayed and outplayed hard.

That said, Columbus wasn’t your typical 8th seed. I never saw Tampa getting swept but if you showed people the rosters with no context of regular season records, it wouldn’t be THAT unbelievable. Still an underdog, but like a 75/25 one

Reactions: Winger98

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Across all North American leagues the teams that set record breaking seasons always fail to win a championship. It's a twisted curse that I thought Tampa would buck. Then they get swept in Round 1. Crazy.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
At least even we didn't manage this kind of failure.

The first team ever to win the Presidents Trophy and be swept in the first round.

That's like saying at least when we got burned alive we didn't have our legs broken first. I just feel for their fans, we've had so many losses where we were heavily favored, it's soul crushing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's pretty unreal. I wonder what the CBJ in 4 odds were before the series... and if anyone even took them.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's pretty unreal. I wonder what the NYI in 4 odds were before the series... and if anyone even took them.

I felt like the Islanders could ride the hot hand over the Pens. I'm a huge Lehner believer. But a sweep is rare in any scenario. Yet here we are, maybe two right off the bat!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I felt like the Islanders could ride the hot hand over the Pens. I'm a huge Lehner believer. But a sweep is rare in any scenario. Yet here we are, maybe two right off the bat!
I think they look better than the Isles. Although I did not pick CBJ to win that series.
I had a brain fart and said NYI instead of CBJ. I picked NYI in 7, but I wouldn't have bet the sweep.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Some of the other favorites haven't looked incredibly dominant. The Flames, Boston, the Caps, Winnipeg, none have been all that convincing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad