Patriots/NFL 2019 Season II - Preseason - Josh Gordon Reinstated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
monteropointing.jpg

Former Patriot Russ Francis doing some pro wrestling.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The season is lost without Brady and Hoyer is not the future. Easy decision for me. Cut Hoyer and if something does happen to Brady you get a chance to evaluate Stidham in meaningful games.

Were too deep at DB with the first stringers on the older side to keep an extra QB someone good is getting cut in the secondary. And we might want a 6th WR.

Easy decision.

But why hand it to Stidham now or help another team out letting them have Hoyer 2 weeks sooner bc I do think he gets picked up. Brady might play a quarter next week and that will be it. 3 guys for camp is ideal. I’m glad Etling is gone he sucked in college we can find someone better for the practice squad in 2 weeks.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Keeping all 3 QB’s and ffs, there’s nothing wrong with Gostkowski. He’s one of the best in the league.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Keeping all 3 QB’s and ffs, there’s nothing wrong with Gostkowski. He’s one of the best in the league.

Correct. The grass isn’t going to be greener on the kicker front. Stay with what you know and what you know has been effective

Idc about preseason kicks

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Why keep Hoyer and cut loose someone like Berrios, Harmon or Dawson? If Brady goes down we’re f***ed anyway so who cares if it’s Stidham or Hoyer who plays?

Hoyer is absolutely terrible.

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Why keep Hoyer and cut loose someone like Berrios, Harmon or Dawson? If Brady goes down we’re ****ed anyway so who cares if it’s Stidham or Hoyer who plays?

I'd put money on us still winning the AFC East if Brady tore his ACL in week 1 again. The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills suck. Our schedule is pretty easy. Whether it's Hoyer or Stidham, with the full offensive line and full complement of WRs (Gordon, Edelman, Harry, Meyers, Dorsett, etc.) and RBs (White, Sony, Burkhead, Harris etc.), they'll still produce. Probably won't win the Superbowl and won't have Brady's clutch factor, but a division title and bye week? They absolutely could do that with Hoyer.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I'd put money on us still winning the AFC East if Brady tore his ACL in week 1 again. The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills suck. Our schedule is pretty easy. Whether it's Hoyer or Stidham, with the full offensive line and full complement of WRs (Gordon, Edelman, Harry, Meyers, Dorsett, etc.) and RBs (White, Sony, Burkhead, Harris etc.), they'll still produce. Probably won't win the Superbowl and won't have Brady's clutch factor, but a division title and bye week? They absolutely could do that with Hoyer.

Correct but this franchise’s goal isn’t to win divisions. And like you said they could do it with Stidham or Hoyer so why keep three and cut a quality player at another position that would actually see reps on the field?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Can't spell "****ing *******" without "Dan shaughnessy".

Another clown that has gone way past his expiration date. Time to retire and go away for good. High and mighty to the nth degree here.

Not a fan of DS but what did he say that has you pissed? He's so dead on with the this it's commicle

Reactions: LSCII

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Not a fan of DS but what did he say that has you pissed? He's so dead on with the this it's commicle

Dead on with what he said?

He’s comparing a franchise that has had multiple cases of abuse of women to the point of murder in one case, as well if the abuse of a toddler, and he’s going to compare it to someone struggling with a disease that has consumed his life and essentially ruined his career?

Really he should delete the tweet and you should probably reevaluate your opinion if you think it’s accurate.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why keep Hoyer and cut loose someone like Berrios, Harmon or Dawson? If Brady goes down we’re ****ed anyway so who cares if it’s Stidham or Hoyer who plays?

Harmon will not be cut. I’d cut Berrios. Not sold on him at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Correct. The grass isn’t going to be greener on the kicker front. Stay with what you know and what you know has been effective

Idc about preseason kicks
I’m honestly surprised they didn’t draft a kicker since Gostkowski has said he has no interest in playing into his 40’s a la Vinatieri.

If the Pats win another Super Bowl in the next few years, he’s going to retire and we have no one in the pipeline.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Dead on with what he said?

He’s comparing a franchise that has had multiple cases of abuse of women to the point of murder in one case, as well if the abuse of a toddler, and he’s going to compare it to someone struggling with a disease that has consumed his life and essentially ruined his career?

Really he should delete the tweet and you should probably reevaluate your opinion if you think it’s accurate.

Sorry Gordon is just a misunderstood person with a drug problem, but hey he's a Patriot and we want super bowls .Go Gordon you're an inspiration as long as you play in NE.

That better?

Their crimes are worse than ours LOL LOL

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sorry Gordon is just a misunderstood person with a drug problem, but hey he's a Patriot and we want super bowls .Go Gordon you're an inspiration as long as you play in NE.

That better?

Their crimes are worse than ours LOL LOL

Everybody is laughing at you Shank

Nobody is calling him an inspiration. Everybody is happy he’s sober to the point where he’s allowed to play again and are hopeful he can keep it up this time. f*** us for supporting that, right?

And yes, it is absolutely stupid to equate drug use and murder/child abuse but whatever. One deserves far more slack

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Can he ever say anything positive about anything? Dear God he is the most boorish “writer” that’s ever lived

He's a turd for sure, but in this case, he's spot on. It's typical fandom and really doesn't need to be said, which is why the CHB is a clown for stating the obvious.

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's a turd for sure, but in this case, he's spot on. It's typical fandom and really doesn't need to be said, which is why the CHB is a clown for stating the obvious.

Here’s my thing though- I can’t speak for everybody but I think most people would be happy for him if he never played again but managed to find peace. I never expected him to be in a place where he could play again. I think that’s where the excitement stems from for most people

And pats fans cheering him being reinstated but disagreeing with tyreek hill being reinstated are well within their right to do so. That’s not hypocrisy, those are two wildly different things (not that you have said anything like that, it just seems like that’s what’s being implied in this thread)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Here’s my thing though- I can’t speak for everybody but I think most people would be happy for him if he never played again but managed to find peace. I never expected him to be in a place where he could play again. I think that’s where the excitement stems from for most people

And pats fans cheering him being reinstated but disagreeing with tyreek hill being reinstated are well within their right to do so. That’s not hypocrisy, those are two wildly different things

Sure and that's fair. I don't think CHB was taking a shot at Gordon so much as he was taking a shot at Pat's fans though. The media in this town really hate that the teams have been so successful and they genuinely get off on trying to insult fans for being fans. Tony Mazz is another one that is so clearly hateful towards the fans and teams and it comes through everything he says. Complete clown act. They'd rather the teams suck so they can spew negativity and throw rocks. This 20 year run is literally the worst thing for losers like this, and it makes me happy.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Havent fans have been understanding and compassionate of Gordons issues since he was suspended last year? Everybody had been rooting for him to get the help he needs and make a comeback. Its not accurate that Dan says it's at this moment fans started caring

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sure and that's fair. I don't think CHB was taking a shot at Gordon so much as he was taking a shot at Pat's fans though. The media in this town really hate that the teams have been so successful and they genuinely get off on trying to insult fans for being fans. Tony Mazz is another one that is so clearly hateful towards the fans and teams and it comes through everything he says. Complete clown act. They'd rather the teams suck so they can spew negativity and throw rocks. This 20 year run is literally the worst thing for losers like this, and it makes me happy.

The patriots starting out slowly to get those clowns all hyped up only to turn around and win the super bowl time after time is why I wake up every morning

Reactions: LSCII and jgatie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad