2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
We need a top six winger and a top 4 dman, to push Myers/Tanev down a pairing. I’d love to target Severson to fill that top 4 slot.

Severson/Myers/Tanev is great RHD depth.

Zucker, Konecny, DeBrusk, Palmieri and Kapanen is who interests my as top 6 wingers. Obviously I doubt DeBrusk is moved out of Boston.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Kapanen or Debrusk would be the ideal grab but I doubt either are available. Maybe Kapanen but the Leafs would want more than I suspect we'd want to give up. Palmieri could be a realistic option if New Jersey goes full fire sale.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Kapanen or Debrusk would be the ideal grab but I doubt either are available. Maybe Kapanen but the Leafs would want more than I suspect we'd want to give up. Palmieri could be a realistic option if New Jersey goes full fire sale.
For sure. I wonder if Konecny would be available? Besides the fact that him and Horvat are cousins, Konecny seems like an ideal fit on that second line

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
For sure. I wonder if Konecny would be available? Besides the fact that him and Horvat are cousins, Konecny seems like an ideal fit on that second line
They just locked him up for 6 years. I highly doubt he's available.

The only name that is probably available that's been tossed out on this page is Palmieri, but he's 28/29 isn't he?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The asking price there would be insane. Konecny is a 22 y/o high-end two-way forward scoring at about a point-per-game. His value would be higher than Boeser and any other asset we had aside from Pettersson and Hughes.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
They just locked him up for 6 years. I highly doubt he's available.

The only name that is probably available that's been tossed out on this page is Palmieri, but he's 28/29 isn't he?
29 in February. He's definitely one of the better options available that could be aquired withouth breaking the bank, along with Toffoli in LA.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
29 in February. He's definitely one of the better options available that could be aquired withouth breaking the bank, along with Toffoli in LA.
I've always liked Toffoli but he's too slow. He should be cheap though as he's falling out of favour quick in LA, been healthy scratched a few times. I don't think it really makes a ton of sense to acquire rentals though.

If we're shopping for guys, Adrian Kempe and Austin Wagner are fast young guys who could help fill out the bottom of the roster. I think the team needs to subtract before they add though.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Toffoli is probably the most likely name given his current struggles and likely low cost, coupled with his past history with Pearson. Shouldn't cost more than a 3rd rounder. Would have to send something back to even salaries, though, with us so close to the cap. It would basically have to be Schaller or Stecher since there's no way LA would want the extra year on Baertschi's contract.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Toffoli is probably the most likely name given his current struggles and likely low cost, coupled with his past history with Pearson. Shouldn't cost more than a 3rd rounder. Would have to send something back to even salaries, though, with us so close to the cap. It would basically have to be Schaller or Stecher since there's no way LA would want the extra year on Baertschi's contract.
I’m sure they wouldn’t mind taking on Baertschi. They’re going to be rebuilding and Baertschi is an okay piece to have during a rebuild year. 3rd+Baertschi for Toffoli makes sense

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I’m sure they wouldn’t mind taking on Baertschi. They’re going to be rebuilding and Baertschi is an okay piece to have during a rebuild year. 3rd+Baertschi for Toffoli makes sense

Baertschi is an AHLer making $3 million. If it was just for this year to cancel out salaries, sure. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want anything to do with him for 20-21.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Why are we targeting bad hockey players. I don't see what Toffoli does, that Baertschi can't do himself.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Canucks can't afford Toffoli's $4.6M cap hit, and Toffoli would just add to the collection of 3rd-line calibre wingers already here.

Reactions: mathonwy

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Yeah the Canucks don't need another pricey, offensively streaky 3rd liner on top of Pearson, Leivo, Baertschi, Virtanen, Ferland, Roussel, Sutter, etc...

Swing for the fences with a Zucker-type addition or just hold off.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
A 3rd and baertchi in the Ahl or traded for a 7th is better than Tyler toffoli for free

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Baertschi is a massive negative-value asset who we'd have to trade a significant pick to get rid of.
Nah, he's a productive enough ahl and a top 9 middle six nhl player. Some team could take a flyer on him for another ahler or late rounder. Worse players get traded every year

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nah, he's a productive enough ahl and a top 9 middle six nhl player. Some team could take a flyer on him for another ahler or late rounder. Worse players get traded every year

He literally cleared waivers last month, and then has further lowered his value by playing like absolute ass since being recalled. He's basically Ryan Spooner/Sam Gagner, who nobody was going to give a dime for, either.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He literally cleared waivers last month, and then has further lowered his value by playing like absolute ass since being recalled. He's basically Ryan Spooner/Sam Gagner, who nobody was going to give a dime for, either.
His contract cleared waivers with 2 years left at the time when every team is cutting players...

He is and has been a productive NHL player very recently. When he has only a year left on his deal he's tradable. He's not andrew ladd or okposo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig