2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I agree that the team is pieces away from being a contender.

But, I think those pieces are a 1LW, 1D, and middle six playmaker.

I think Roussell could fit on any good team.
Agreed..his skill level is a lot higher than I anticipated it to be..(just thinking back to last season, and Roussel springing guys loose with his backhand saucer passes)..Good skater too...Certainly a lot more than a plug/agitator.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
Goldobin + 4th for Puljujarvi

Baertschi - Horvat - Puljujarvi
Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Miller - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter
Leivo

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stetcher
Fantenberg, Biega

Utica: Eriksson, Schaller , Gaudette, MacEwan, Boucher, Lind, Jasek, Sautner, Brisebois, Juolevi, Rafferty, Teves.

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
Goldobin has zero, or negative, value and should clear waivers in a week so there is no way that trade happens. I suspect it would take a 2nd, plus something useful, and I don't think that would be wise.

Reactions: go comets

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Goldobin + 4th for Puljujarvi

Baertschi - Horvat - Puljujarvi
Pearson - Miller - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - Sutter
Leivo

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stetcher
Fantenberg, Biega

Utica: Eriksson, Schaller , Gaudette, MacEwan, Boucher, Lind, Jasek, Sautner, Brisebois, Juolevi, Rafferty, Teves.
no thanks to Puljujarvi,the guy is heading into bust territory imo.
But knowing Benning he likes these kind of projects anyways.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Goldobin probably clears waivers. Last season didn't look good for him, though I don't think his points tell the whole story and he wasn't bad, but with this poor camp as well he very likely clears waivers.

Player image is a huge thing around the league. Biega is better than more than a couple NHL regulars and clears waivers year after year. Goldobin's stock is at an all time low, lower than I think it should be, but low nonetheless.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I think someone takes a chance on Goldobin if he hits the waiver wire. He's not your standard plugger/plumber who usually hits it, he's got enough skill that a team will give him a look.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Barring a trade:
-Bury Eriksson in the minors.
-Waive Goldobin (he looks the same as last year, some skill but drifting around most of the time) and Schaller
-cut Briseboise, Chatfield, Perron, Bachman, Graovac, MacEwen
-Roussel on LTIR

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi
Leivo-Gaudette/Sutter- Pearson
Sutter/Motte- Beagle-Virtanen
Motte/Gaudette

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stetcher
Fantenberg, Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Barring a trade:
-Bury Eriksson in the minors.
-Waive Goldobin (he looks the same as last year, some skill but drifting around most of the time) and Schaller
-cut Briseboise, Chatfield, Perron, Bachman, Graovac, MacEwen
-Roussel on LTIR

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi
Leivo-Gaudette/Sutter- Pearson
Sutter/Motte- Beagle-Virtanen
Motte/Gaudette

Edler - Myers
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Stetcher
Fantenberg, Biega

Markstrom
Demko

Perron, Bachman, and Graovac must clear waivers. You can't just"cut" them. The rest of your cut are waiver exempt.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Cut Goldobin
Send Gaudette to the minors

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser
Miller-Horvat-Leivo
Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen
Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
Baertschi, Schaller

Edler-Tanev
Hughes-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
goldy is now where boucher was when we took him, or andrighetto when montreal waived him. a tempting gamble for a team with depth and scoring issues.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Cut Goldobin
Send Gaudette to the minors

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser
Miller-Horvat-Leivo
Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen
Eriksson-Beagle-Motte
Baertschi, Schaller

Edler-Tanev
Hughes-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

What did you do with Fantenberg?
Who goes when Roussel returns?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Perron, Bachman, and Graovac must clear waivers. You can't just"cut" them. The rest of your cut are waiver exempt.
I know. I was being lazy with my designation. Since I see them as intended for the AHL roster I grouped them with others intended to be on the AHL roster and I separated them from guys like Eriksson and Goldobin who had a chance to stick in the NHL if they showed well in camp.. Obviously Eriksson would also be waived.

Last edited:

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
What did you do with Fantenberg?
Who goes when Roussel returns?

Fantenberg can go to Utica if he's not claimed. I haven't been impressed with him at all. Who goes when Roussel is back depends on how they play to start the season. Probably Schaller, maybe Eriksson.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Trade Baertchi for scraps if you can get anything back otherwise waive, waive Goldobin and send Gaudette to Utica for seasoning.

Ferland/Pettersson/Boeser
Pearson/Horvat/Miller
Eriksson/Sutter/Virtanen
Schaller/Beagle/Leivo
Motte

Edler/Tanev
Hughes/Myers
Benn/Stecher
Fantenberg/Biega

Markstrom
Demko

donttrademebro

Jul 1, 2015
House
I know people don't like Goldy for his style, but he outperformed quite a few guys last year by expected goals for/against at 5v5 including Gaudette, Virtanen, Motte, Beagle, Baertschi and Eriksson. FWIW I haven't checked his wins above replacement stat though, it might paint him in a worse light.

upload_2019-9-22_20-46-31.png

Anyway, if you look at his point production he has gotten better every year since he was drafted and I'd like to see if that continues this season. I know he hasn't shown much so far this preseason, but I'd play it out and make a decision immediately prior to the start of the regular season rather than rushing to cut him sooner than later.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
but I'd play it out and make a decision immediately prior to the start of the regular season rather than rushing to cut him sooner than later.
Not only that, but by waiving him late you increase the likelihood of finding a taker out there. That's been the case historically, at least. Same goes for Baertchi I'd say, waive late if no trading partner surfaces.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Pettersson Ferland Boeser
Horvat Bartschi Miller
Sutter Pearson Virtanen
Beagle Motte Leivo
Eriksson

Edler Tanev
Hughes Myers
Benn Stecher
Biega

Markstrom
Demko

1 of Fantenberg Gaudette Goldobin or Schaller....see how it goes

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Trade Baertchi for scraps if you can get anything back otherwise waive, waive Goldobin and send Gaudette to Utica for seasoning.

Pearson/Horvat/Miller
Eriksson/Sutter/Virtanen
Schaller/Beagle/Leivo
Motte

Edler/Tanev
Hughes/Myers
Benn/Stecher
Fantenberg/Biega

Markstrom
Demko

If you keep 8 d, you've got to send 3 forwards down.
Gaudette doesn't isn't waiver eligible.
You waive Goldobin
You left out Baertschi

Gotcha!
Bet you waive Schaller as the 3rd.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
@Bad Goalie Schaller has had a decent camp so far, he is 'trying to make the team' according to Green. And his is really the only opinion that counts.

I'll stick with my trio of Goldobin, Baertchi and Gaudette thanks ;)

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

Pearson/Horvat/Miller
Eriksson/Sutter/Virtanen
Schaller/Beagle/Leivo
Motte

Edler/Tanev
Hughes/Myers
Benn/Stecher
Fantenberg/Biega

Markstrom
Demko
This is pretty much exactly my lineup, except I'd have Baertschi in and Eriksson waived. Show him this isn't good enough for that fat 6 mill.

What are your guys thoughts on the PP units? So far I have:

????? - Miller - Petterson
Boeser - Hughes/Edler

^ This is pretty much the Tampa Bay setup, from which Miller came. He was the net front, Kucherov ran the PP and teed up in EP's spot, the big shooter Stamkos in Boeser's spot and Hedman in Hughes/Edler's spot. I put Hughes or Edler, depending on if Hughes earns it. I just cant decide who to stick on the left side there.

Now, for the 2nd unit:

Baertschi - Horvat - Pearson
Hughes/Edler - Myers

^ This is a more complete and skilled 2nd unit than we've had in awhile. Finally, some depth.

Again, just need to decide on a guy for the left side on the 1st unit. You could just put Baertschi or Pearson there but with having the big guns already I figured saving the rest of the go-to guys for the 2nd unit in the game of balance was better.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
This is pretty much exactly my lineup, except I'd have Baertschi in and Eriksson waived. Show him this isn't good enough for that fat 6 mill.

What are your guys thoughts on the PP units? So far I have:

????? - Miller - Petterson
Boeser - Hughes/Edler

^ This is pretty much the Tampa Bay setup, from which Miller came. He was the net front, Kucherov ran the PP and teed up in EP's spot, the big shooter Stamkos in Boeser's spot and Hedman in Hughes/Edler's spot. I put Hughes or Edler, depending on if Hughes earns it. I just cant decide who to stick on the left side there.

Now, for the 2nd unit:

Baertschi - Horvat - Pearson
Hughes/Edler - Myers

^ This is a more complete and skilled 2nd unit than we've had in awhile. Finally, some depth.

Again, just need to decide on a guy for the left side on the 1st unit. You could just put Baertschi or Pearson there but with having the big guns already I figured saving the rest of the go-to guys for the 2nd unit in the game of balance was better.

For me the power play is not going to be the make-or-break factor in our season (it'll be 5v5 as it usually is), but it is fun to imagine how different formations might work so I'll play:

I've advocated for Virtanen to be the bumper on the top unit before by virtue of his size, strength and right shot. Like most NHL teams nowadays they've moved to a 1-3-1 setup and the last thing they actually need is someone who can occupy that spot in the middle of the ice.

It's a position that doesn't require much IQ/thinking, yet takes advantage of his handedness and shooting ability so he can still be a threat to score. He's also big and strong enough to be the screen on any shot from the point.

Feed him quick passes to the slot and have him fire away at short-range... like a certain type of gun that's most effective in close. Let Shotgun Jake be more than just a drinking game and meme!

Reactions: NuxFan09

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Was pleasantly surprised to see that Biega had 16 points in only 41 games last season... What the..

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Goldobin for Milano? Doesn’t solve the log jam but its a change of scenery and I think Milano is the better player anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad