2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Is there any chance that SJS don’t bring back Pavelski? Meier gonna get paid and they have to resign Karlsson and Thornton and Donskoi.

I’d sign him to a $21m/3 year deal. Help the PP1 and play him primarily on the wing.

best case

Karlsson $11m
Pavelski $7m
Thonton $4m
Meier $5.5m
Donskoi $3m
Lablanc $3m

that's $33.5m with 3 more cheap spots to fill. That is the best case scenario, it could blow out to $40m. Something is going to have to shake loose even under the best case.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So Motte practiced on Horvat's line and MacEwen was rotating in and out with Schaller on the Beagle line.

L
O
L

Sautner being asked to carry Gudbranson as well. Good luck Ashton, you'll need a Gud amount

Green is a good coach in a lot of ways but his inability to evaluate the players at his desposal and refusal to put young players in positions to succeed will be his undoing.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Green is a good coach in a lot of ways but his inability to evaluate the players at his desposal and refusal to put young players in positions to succeed will be his undoing.

Which is somehow construed as generating an attack narrative against Green...

It's time to recognize Green's weaknesses and not be so defensive about their existence.

He's got his good points, which have also been discussed.

Reactions: geebaan

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
best case

Karlsson $11m
Pavelski $7m
Thonton $4m
Meier $5.5m
Donskoi $3m
Lablanc $3m

that's $33.5m with 3 more cheap spots to fill. That is the best case scenario, it could blow out to $40m. Something is going to have to shake loose even under the best case.

Yeah this is what I think as well. Either they know they can't sign Karlsson, Thornton retires, and/or they're willing to trade one of Vlasic, Jones, or Hertl, there actually might not be money left over for Pavelski which is kind of crazy.

As it stands they have about $25M in cap space this off season with 9 roster spots to fill. Meier will get whatever Boeser and Connor get so probably closer to $7-8M than $5.5.

If I was SJS I would be loading up hard this deadline. The window is closing.

A line of Pavelski-EP-Boeser would be lights out. Alternatively, Baertschi-Horvat-Pavelski would be pretty fire as well.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Yeah this is what I think as well. Either they know they can't sign Karlsson, Thornton retires, and/or they're willing to trade one of Vlasic, Jones, or Hertl,

Vlasic is a defensive defenseman signed for $7M AAV until he's 39 years old. That contract is untradeable.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah Vlasic has taken a major step back this year. A moron GM will trade for him though based on the team Canada crap.

Doug Wilson can and will do it, probably get a good asset out of it.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Remember when pariese and Suter signed in shithole Minnesota together?

Will stone and Karlsson potentially do the same?

Come onnnnnn Vancouver

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
How about the Selene/Kariya contract ?

Selanne took 10 and Kariya took 1 or something like that

Of all places, why would Karlsson and Stone do that in Vancouver? We're nowhere near the team that Colorado was back then and they have no ties here.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
It’s called the “fantasy” GM tread for a reason let me dream LET ME DREAM

But ignoring Vancouver as a destination, does Stone and Karlsson have a relationship where they would try to join a team together, like one that is poised to be a contender soon ( Minnesota had nothing going for it at the time when they acquired ZP and RS )

Now maybe this is just a Canucks fan perspective but we aren’t that far from turning the corner.

Obviously neither guy is gonna take a severe pay cut to play with each other, but a small discount could happen. Hoffman’s wife was the issue right, or was there more ?

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I really want Stone or Panarin. :( I don't think the Nucks are a realistic destination for Karlsson.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Is he though?

Like at least he rides his good players not 1-2-3-4 Willie, but Motte/Granlund/Pouliot/Gudbranson usage doesn't seem all that different than how Willie rode Chaput/Megna/Vey types.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Is he though?

Like at least he rides his good players not 1-2-3-4 Willie, but Motte/Granlund/Pouliot/Gudbranson usage doesn't seem all that different than how Willie rode Chaput/Megna/Vey types.
Green is too willing to go back to the line that just screwed up! Constantly forcing Motte Eriksson and Beagle to change momentum back after giving up a goal is quite annoying! Or his OT pairings? Like really, play to win the god damn game! ROW’s are super important this time of the year!

Reactions: 420Canuck

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Bob McKenzie said that Vancouver and Toronto are the only Canadian cities that Panarin would be interested in playing in.

Reactions: Canucks LB

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
At this point there are only two reasons I want to make the playoffs this year:
-Give the young guys a taste of the real competition and reward them for carrying the team on their backs the entire season
and
-To increase the very remote possibility we could sign one of the big 3 free agents this summer.

Three franchise players in the middle of their prime shaking loose in one free agency is obscenely rare and in a summer where we have the cap space to sign one.

Not to mention that if we manage to sign one of them, it drastically reduces the chances of Benning making a moronic signing of one of the other lesser free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad