Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Last edited:

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I understand that but at same time we are not going to get something much better. Would you prefer a 3-5 round pick or to just hold on to him?

Personally, I'd like to see Goldobin packaged with a pick to try to get Ferland by the TDL. The team seems to want a player to "protect" Petterson and Ferland could then play on Petterson's wing the same way he plays on Aho's wing in Carolina.

I suspect this would then open things up for a Gudbranson trade (given that Green often plays him with Petterson) which I would love to see.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Personally, I'd like to see Goldobin packaged with a pick to try to get Ferland by the TDL. The team seems to want a player to "protect" Petterson and Ferland could then play on Petterson's wing the same way he plays on Aho's wing in Carolina.

I suspect this would then open things up for a Gudbranson trade (given that Green often plays him with Petterson) which I would love to see.
Might be a high pick... I’d be interested in something like that. Depending on a) how high a pick b) what it will cost us to resign ferland (if it’s in the lucic range than hard pass) and c) if they want more than goldy/pick, what is that

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Might be a high pick... I’d be interested in something like that. Depending on a) how high a pick b) what it will cost us to resign ferland (if it’s in the lucic range than hard pass) and c) if they want more than goldy/pick, what is that

The rumour is a 1st and a prospect, but that seems quite high. Perhaps our 2nd and Goldobin get it done which is certainly pricey but I'd be on board with that. Although I thought I saw somewhere that Carolina wanted Gaudette which would be a no from me.

And yes, both getting rid of Gudbranson (which has immense value in and of itself) and Ferland's potential contract would be key. I'm thinking somewhere in the Tom Wilson range.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
So in that case I’d pass. We are not giving a potential lottery pick/ mid round 1st. As well, doubt that goldobin creates much buzz. Makes sense they’d want gaudette. I bet someone will over pay for ferland. Better not be us!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
What is everyone’s thoughts on Burakovsky for Goldobin?
I would do it.
Might be a good change of scenery and re start for both players. both are RFA at seasons end.

I dont think Goldobin has a place without Pettersson and i see Dahlen pushing him out eventually

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Hopefully ( keyword is hopefully ) is our prospects keep pushing the veterans out of the way and this includes baertschi, Virtanen and Goldobin as veterans

If we hit on one of Dahlen, Madden, Lockwood, MacEwan or this coming draft we will be really fortunate. That would enable us to sell off an asset and turn it into a pick or prospect while freeing up the cap space to target a big name

I don’t know how much longer we can wait for a top two defender to appear from our drafting it would be worth the dough to get one through free agency if we believe we see competitve in 2-3 years

I know we say this every year, this is an important trade deadline

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
What is everyone’s thoughts on Burakovsky for Goldobin?

I dig it. Burakovsky might be a bit of a gamble but not peddling a draft pick for a project player makes it more appealing.

Goldobin definitely seems to have fallen out of favour in the organization, if you're going to trade him it better be for someone who can fill a top 6 role adequately enough until better options come around, Burakovsky seems to fit that bill.

You hope he can become better than just filler obviously, but if he doesn't there isn't much risk associated with it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Do not trade for this player

why exactly? he is young, he is gritty, he can score, He can protect teammates, he is literally everything we badly need on this team.
As long as we don't give up a 1st or top prospect like Demko, I say go for it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Ferland is 26 and has actual skill, probably not 1st line skill but can be a useful player for ~6m. If he's looking for 7+ then pump the brakes but he wont be lucic for atleast 4 years...

Side note, could have a way better version of ferland for f***ing freeeeeeee, instead we have LTIR OJ

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Ferland is a good player in a vacuum but his price in a trade and a free agent likely won't match his actual value. He also has had a few concussions if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad