2019 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCoj1978

Jan 23, 2019
Does anyone honestly think Erik Karlsson will sign here? if so that frees up Tanev to trade for say a Nylander perhaps? just a thought.

MikeCoj1978

Jan 23, 2019
How about putting a package together say markstrom and tanev maybe a pick for say Huberdeau and ekblad?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Karlsson is a pipe dream. What we should do is target Jacob Trouba. He’s definitely going to be available and been rumoured to be wanting out for awhile now.

In FA, Panarin is also a pipe dream. We should target Mike Hoffman and Ryan Dzingel.

Hoffman-Pettersson-Boeser
Dzingel-Horvat-Leivo
Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Roussel-Beagle-Motte/FA

Sutter and Baertschi go.

Edler-Trouba
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stetcher
Brise/Biega

Marky
Demko

Hopefully draft Vasili Poldkozin.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast

I like this attempt, getting a player like Nylander is a good move. Imagine if we actually got Nylander though, all those posters who shat on him for years would suddenly become Nylander fans because Nylander would instantly become Benning's best acquisition so they'd have to pivot to a new narrative.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

I like this attempt, getting a player like Nylander is a good move. Imagine if we actually got Nylander though, all those posters who shat on him for years would suddenly become Nylander fans because Nylander would instantly become Benning's best acquisition so they'd have to pivot to a new narrative.

Going from trying to get William Nylander to Linus Karlsson is a wide spectrum in value

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Yeah, have to wonder what other players were involved in that package. Hutton/Stecher? Draft picks?
Can’t imagine we have much they’d really want... they need a RHD.. Tanev or stetcher. But still don’t think that either gets you into that conversation. Nylander is still a legit top 6 winger and will be needed for their playoff drive. If a deal like this happens would have to believe it’s in the off season. And even still just can’t even picture what the leafs would want from us (unless they’re just wanting to clear cap space to resign marner).

Reactions: Pip

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
Can’t imagine we have much they’d really want... they need a RHD.. Tanev or stetcher. But still don’t think that either gets you into that conversation. Nylander is still a legit top 6 winger and will be needed for their playoff drive. If a deal like this happens would have to believe it’s in the off season. And even still just can’t even picture what the leafs would want from us (unless they’re just wanting to clear cap space to resign marner).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Gudbranson, Dahlen and a pick. Unfortunately Dubas isn't stupid.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It’s absolutely incredible how little we have in terms of an asset base after 5 years of where the organization has been at.

There are like 4 young players we obviously wouldn’t move, 3 good veterans we can’t move because they’re so important and we’re so thin, 1 really good prospect and a couple other decent prospects, and a giant pile of overpriced, terrible untradeable crap.

The Pro-Benning posters who were kvetching about how "We don't have anything to trade, dummies!" as a Pro-Benning argument is one of the more unintentionally funny things I've witnessed over the last few years.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

I wonder if it was cap-inbalanced. Something like Dahlen, Tanev (50% retained), Virtanen for Nylander + a cap dump (Horton?)

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The Pro-Benning posters who were kvetching about how "We don't have anything to trade, dummies!" as a Pro-Benning argument is one of the more unintentionally funny things I've witnessed over the last few years.

Also the fact that we should be selling a lot of our players in Benning's fourth full season here is pretty f***ing telling as well.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

I find it a ridiculous and ironic the same regime that had every opportunity to draft him is now attempting to spend way more assets to trade for him.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I find it a ridiculous and ironic the same regime that had every opportunity to draft him is now attempting to spend way more assets to trade for him.

I find it ridiculous that this is your take away. Nylander is a good player and just because they didn't pick him, doesn't mean they shouldn't look to acquire him.

This is my biggest issue with the Benning Haters, they only find and talk about the negative in every move and rumour.

If you look at the most respected media members, they aren't about the hot takes and one sided opinions. They are about well thought out opinions that look at both sides of the issue at hand.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I find it ridiculous that this is your take away. Nylander is a good player and just because they didn't pick him, doesn't mean they shouldn't look to acquire him.

This is my biggest issue with the Benning Haters, they only find and talk about the negative in every move and rumour.

If you look at the most respected media members, they aren't about the hot takes and one sided opinions. They are about well thought out opinions that look at both sides of the issue at hand.

What are you on about?
I gave him credit for trying, saying that if he got Nylander it would the best player he's gotten through trade or FA.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
What are we trading for Trouba and Hoffman?

1) Boeser for Trouba+ (assuming that Trouba still wants to play in a Canadian market......there have been rumours that Trouba wants to play in the US, but I’m not entirely sure if that’s true).

2) To avoid a “robbing Peter to pay Paul” scenario (ie depleting our RW to fill a need on RD), you go hard after UFA forwards on July 1st (Duchene, Panarin, Ferland, Dzingel, etc).

Tons of cap space + opportunity to play with Pettersson on the top line for 7 years = extremely difficult and unlikely that ALL of these UFA’s “say no.”

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

cry.gif

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC

Mods, why are comments like this any more acceptable than comments about "Benning Bros?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad