2019 Ottawa Senators Rookie Tournament

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Really? I dont see it to be honest. Brown moves around the ice much better and more fluidly than Stone.

I'll give you that Brown has an active stick and seems to be engaged defensively like Stone always was, and they both make the players around them better. But they go about it very differently imo.

Beyond the obvious differences (playing different positions), I dont see many similarities between these in terms of style. Brown is a high IQ offensive playmaker (with a great but underused shot), and Stone is more of a two way goal scorer (and also a good playmaker).

they use their sticks in the offensive and neutral zones in a very similar way. Holding it close, and at the last moment flashing out their long reach to break up plays. Stone is much better at it, which is why it would have been nice to have him mentor Brown and help him hone his skillset.

And they are both playmakers. Like Stone is a pretty good scorer, but he is an exceptional passer. and it's really his passing that makes Stone have chemistry with everyone. Brown is very similar but Stone trumps him in hockey IQ.

The difference in them is Browns skating and the dogged and hardnosed way that Stone plays the game which is exceptional to most nhlers. if that rubbed off on Brown we'd have a Spezza /Stone hybrid in him.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Abramov my man. Second of the night

Wrong... 3 .... !!!

:D

H A T T R I C K

vitaly-abramov-of-the-ottawa-senators-skates-against-the-calgary-an-picture-id1131929388

Reactions: Brannstorm

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
And this Abramov kid is just not taking his foot off the gas peddle. He could end up being another huge surprise for us...

Im legit getting excited for this next hockey season. All three of my teams (Sudbury Wolves, Sens/B-Sens) have a crapload of great young talent to be excited for, and reasons to watch.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
i am not sure how TV works but it may be contractual for the season only. I figure that they had to get some non-regulars in there.... for cheap

Yes it. Certainly looked like amateurs were manning the cameras. .

It would be better not to zoom in and instead take a Broad field of view to ensue that they would cover the play better.

I have some issues with th pro camera operators and directors who do some inappropriate zooming on goaltenders heads or injured players going off the ice when the game is underway, thus not following the play. There is no excuse for such amateurish directing on regular NHL games. For rookie games I get it.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Abramov was amazing tonight. Felt like every time he touched the puck he had a great scoring opportunity.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Whenever I watched Abramov last season he was always buzzing and making stuff happen, even if it didn't translate to the score sheet. Looks like he really has a motor & drive to succeed. Hope he puts up some big numbers in belleville this year.

Reactions: DrEasy and Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I knew Abramov could battle from watching him last year, but man if he can score like that at the NHL level.... duuude.

Sweet game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad