2019 Ottawa Senators Rookie Tournament

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Has nothing to do with considering them prospects, they literally aren't eligible for the rookie tournament.

His comment was made because the Habs have 8 guys drafted in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds in the past 3 drafts, and 14 guys total, who are actually eligible for the tournament who aren't there, with the Sens having 4 guys in the first 3 rounds (Pinto/JBD/Tychonik/Thomson) and 7 guys total eligible not there from the past 3 drafts.

Guys who are not eligible are irrelevant to the rookie tournament, while still remaining prospects.

I originally quoted a post that said "They were missing a lot of prospects though."

As you can see, this post doesn't talk about eligibility for the tournament.

That is why I never talked about eligibility (because my intended point was a look at the whole pool), I simply said they weren't at the rookie showcase

"Prospects (from our own board rankings) that weren't at the rookie showcase :"

Another poster quoted me saying :

"Wolanin,Jaros,Balcers,Chlapik,Paul, and Lajoie shouldn’t count"

Again, as you can see, no talk about eligibility. And I replied to him talking about the prospect pool as a whole. And we were not talking about the Habs (that YOU brought back up in the conversation)

Finally, it's another poster (that I NEVER QUOTED) that brought eligibility up :

"Wolanin, Paul, Carconne and Hogberg aren't even eligible."

So I didn't bother verifying (because I trust FQL on this) and assumed that the players ineligible were Wolanin, Paul, Carconne and Hogberg (so just Wolanin, a maybe bot-6 player, an AHL player and a goalie which you don't need that many)

So without doing the research myself, were Lajoie, Jaros, Balcers and Chlapik eligible or not?

If it was only Wolanin, Paul, Carconne and Hogberg not eligible, it brings down the missing prospects list to this :

Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Christian Jaros
Rudolfs Balcers
Maxime Lajoie
Filip Chlapik
Shane Pinto
Jonny Tychonick
Angus Crookshank
Olle Alsing
Morgan Klimchuk (guessing he was not eligible too)
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit
Markus Nurmi

What were the Habs prospects missing? (again sorry for not doing the research).

It's funny when you look at how the conversation shaped up, it derails pretty easily

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Bsed purely on this rookie tourney

Brown
Formenton
Brannstrom
Batherson
Gruden
Norris
Gustavson
Daccord