2019 Ottawa Senators Rookie Tournament

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Love Abramov. I got some flack for putting him at 8 on our prospect rankings. He's gonna have a big year.

He looks really good with the puck on his stick. When the games get more structured we will be better able to get a feel for his defensive play.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I was at the game last night. The Habs prospects were really focusing on the Sens' top line, not wanting to get embarrassed like the Jets.

Abramov was good but the guy that impressed me was Formenton. He comes in on the fore check like a wrecking ball. There's a nastiness to his game that should translate at the next level.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Smh, that Batherson to Brannstrom exchange and toying of the forechecker for Abramov's first goal reminded me of Stone and Karlsson.

:(

Batherson delayed while Brannstrom backed away to get more open/room and Batherson fed him. Batherson is really smart. There were a couple tap ins missed by both teams. I think Montreal might have had 3 misses. Batherson fed Formenton on a really great pass right in tight that Formenton didn't cash on .. All he had to do was angle his blade and it was in.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- really nice to see a Sens team dominate physically for a change & these young guys are initiating the hitting & winning board battles.

- really nice to see a Sens team playing a structured game properly, Trent Mann has been really good for the young players & should help develop Ottawa's top prospects who will play for him next season.

- Abramov had a hell of a game & reminded me of Ottawa's Hab killer Pageau. If Pageau is moved, all of the Gatineau fans that came out to see Pageau regularly can look forward to watching Abramov in future.

- Formenton is going to be so much better than people have thought, he will average at least one breakaway per game & if he can gain more wrist & arm strength he is going to score a lot.

- Kastelic already looks like a pro player & the coaching staff seem to already trust him to take key faceoffs like the one he took on the PP that eventually led to Abramov's tip in goal off the Brannstrom shot where Kastelic won the faceoff.

- don't you just love watching the next Battleship Kelly piss off opposing players?

- I thought Nathan Todd looked good & was being used regularly by the coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me if Belleville finds a way to give him a PTO.

- Joey Daccord looked good yesterday, but I assume he will start the yr in Brampton as Gustavsson & Hogberg both have to start their pro careers.

- Aspirot has had two good games, if Belleville can't use him maybe Brampton could.

- I though Gruden & Davidsson both had better games playing with Norris than they did yesterday when he wasn't in the lineup. Norris looked very good against the Jets especially in the second period where I thought they were the best line during that period.

- Maxence Guennette RD is quietly having a pretty good tournament with three assists in his first game. I don't think anyone would have guessed that & now is added to Ottawa's RD depth.

- Beaudin looks a lot better than I thought he would be, I still consider him to be an AHL player but his good play will only make the overall Belleville team better with a lot more depth.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
- really nice to see a Sens team dominate physically for a change & these young guys are initiating the hitting & winning board battles.

- really nice to see a Sens team playing a structured game properly, Trent Mann has been really good for the young players & should help develop Ottawa's top prospects who will play for him next season.

- Abramov had a hell of a game & reminded me of Ottawa's Hab killer Pageau. If Pageau is moved, all of the Gatineau fans that came out to see Pageau regularly can look forward to watching Abramov in future.

- Formenton is going to be so much better than people have thought, he will average at least one breakaway per game & if he can gain more wrist & arm strength he is going to score a lot.

- Kastelic already looks like a pro player & the coaching staff seem to already trust him to take key faceoffs like the one he took on the PP that eventually led to Abramov's tip in goal off the Brannstrom shot where Kastelic won the faceoff.

- don't you just love watching the next Battleship Kelly piss off opposing players?

- I thought Nathan Todd looked good & was being used regularly by the coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me if Belleville finds a way to give him a PTO.

- Joey Daccord looked good yesterday, but I assume he will start the yr in Brampton as Gustavsson & Hogberg both have to start their pro careers.

- Aspirot has had two good games, if Belleville can't use him maybe Brampton could.

- I though Gruden & Davidsson both had better games playing with Norris than they did yesterday when he wasn't in the lineup. Norris looked very good against the Jets especially in the second period where I thought they were the best line during that period.

- Maxence Guennette RD is quietly having a pretty good tournament with three assists in his first game. I don't think anyone would have guessed that & now is added to Ottawa's RD depth.

- Beaudin looks a lot better than I thought he would be, I still consider him to be an AHL player but his good play will only make the overall Belleville team better with a lot more depth.

I agree with everything except the Nathan Todd comment. I thought he was bad. When the Sens were being swarmed in their zone, Todd managed to get the puck on his stick but was too slow (mentally and physically) to do anything with it. The Habs took it from him and the swarm continued. Just my amateur opinion.

But I agree with you on Guenette, Kastelic and Beaudin.. none of them looked out of place. And Davidsson is a really good skater which many have commented on before.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
So Pronan at the Athletic (Senior NHL Prospects Writer formerly from ESPN)

Had the Habs farm system ranked 6th, the Sens 12th and the Jets 27th.. and yet the Habs prospects couldn't get one win this tournament / showcase

Reactions: Variable26

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So Pronan at the Athletic (Senior NHL Prospects Writer formerly from ESPN)

Had the Habs farm system ranked 6th, the Sens 12th and the Jets 27th.. and yet the Habs prospects couldn't get one win this tournament / showcase

They were missing a lot of prospects though.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
who?

The Sens didn't have all their prospects either. Missing Lassie and JBD for sure.. probably others

Caufield and Romanov are the big prospect they were missing. There was other prospects, but i don't know them well.

Sens were missing JBD, Thomson, Tychonik, Norris ( against habs ), Crookshank, Pinto and others.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
who?

The Sens didn't have all their prospects either. Missing Lassie and JBD for sure.. probably others

They were missing 5-6 out of their top 10 prospects including their top prospect. Not to mention that outside of maybe the first 10 minutes of the game, they were much more disciplined and outplayed the sens rooks

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Game Day!

O.png
vs :jets

Last edited:
Reactions: IamJust0ne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad