2019 Ottawa Senators Rookie Tournament

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Why is there background interview noise on the live feed?

So, they have a weird setup for the game. The feed uses the radio (TSN1200) for game play by play. It also plays the feed from the in game video (big screen) as well during intermission.

This is because it is only streamed for the tournament and the full AHL type video is not ready until the season starts. :thumbu:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So, they have a weird setup for the game. The feed uses the radio (TSN1200) for game play by play. It also plays the feed from the in game video (big screen) as well during intermission.

This is because it is only streamed for the tournament and the full AHL type video is not ready until the season starts. :thumbu:
Its just the standard AHL live format.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
da8c75b58d518e12b9b2c87f2bf1e533.jpg

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Formenton is the dumbest sure fire NHLer I've ever seen.

He's gonna be effective too.

Also this Welsh kid is great.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Rookie Sens get the win sans Brannstom, Brown, Batherson, and Abramov.

Gruden with the OT winner.

Thought Formenton and Aspricot looked good, as did Soogard (I missed the first half so I didn't see Mandolese)

Kastelic had a big hit, Formenton created something out of nothing with his speed all over the place.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just noticed Sens and Jets play 3 games while Habs play just 2. What kind of tournament is that?

It was a 3 team tournament with each playing each other that ended yesterday. Today's game was just an extra game I thunk. :)

The TV stream off Bellville Senators facebook page was awful. The stream stopped about a dozen times in the 3rd period alone and the audio was cutting out quite often too. Real amateur broadcast.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It was a 3 team tournament with each playing each other that ended yesterday. Today's game was just an extra game I thunk. :)

The TV stream off Bellville Senators facebook page was awful. The stream stopped about a dozen times in the 3rd period alone and the audio was cutting out quite often too. Real amateur broadcast.

Again, it was amateur video. What do you expect for free? You are boycotting the team. You are seeing the result. :sarcasm:

The game was broadcast by the in house camera crew and TSN 1200 graciously supplied the audio play by play. Mine did not cut out in the third.

Reactions: Xspyrit

R2010

May 23, 2011
Everyone has mentioned Formenton who was good but was genuinely quite surprised by Gruden. Looked like an AHLer not a OHLer.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Again, it was amateur video. What do you expect for free? You are boycotting the team. You are seeing the result. :sarcasm:

The game was broadcast by the in house camera crew and TSN 1200 graciously supplied the audio play by play. Mine did not cut out in the third.

Maybe it was my internet service provider. :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Does anyone know when was the last time the Sens actually lost of these rookie tournament games? seriously can't remember

They were missing a lot of prospects though.

Sens were missing plenty of good prospects too, like most teams. They just happen to have a bigger quantity of those good prospects because they just went through a major rebuild (firesale/financial restructure) that netted them 10 additional prospects in 1 years (from Brassard trade to Stone's)

Prospects (from our own board rankings) that weren't at the rookie showcase :

Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Christian Wolanin
Christian Jaros
Rudolfs Balcers
Maxime Lajoie
Filip Chlapik
Shane Pinto
Marcus Hogberg
Jonny Tychonick
Angus Crookshank
Nick Paul
Olle Alsing
Michael Carcone
Morgan Klimchuk
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit
Markus Nurmi

Norris and another guy (can't remember) also didn't play vs the Habs.

Don't think the Habs had more talent missing, or the Jets, or whoever. Sens had 1 prospect on defense and another that just got drafted in the 7th round, but they still won based on forwards strength

Aspirot has looked really solid, as well as Welsh.

He was pretty solid last year and had a solid career in the QMJHL. He should become a decent AHL D-man

Good call, start planning the parade now.

I don't even bother with this type of answers anymore.

That first line is clearly too good for the rookie tourney, as should be expected from two guys who played well in the AHL last season.0

But the defense wasn’t impressive.

I hope the defense wasn't impressive, missing pretty much every D prospect except Brannstrom and Guenette who got drafted in the 7th round 2 months ago.

Yes the big line was too good but as you could see in other games, plenty of other prospects did well.

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Christian Wolanin
Christian Jaros
Rudolfs Balcers
Christian Jaros
Maxime Lajoie
Mads Sogaard
Filip Chlapik
Shane Pinto
Marcus Hogberg
Jonny Tychonick
Angus Crookshank
Nick Paul
Olle Alsing
Michael Carcone
Morgan Klimchuk
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit
Markus Nurmi
Wolanin,Jaros,Balcers,Chlapik,Paul, and Lajoie shouldn’t count.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wolanin,Jaros,Balcers,Chlapik,Paul, and Lajoie shouldn’t count.

Agree on all but Lajoie. He was drafted the same year as Brown, and isn't any more likely to be playing for the big team. I don't see him as graduated, but I do see why others might.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->