OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Repo Man was already on my list because it's a Robby Müller-shot movie with Harry Dean Stanton (RIP, RIP)

A student of film Zombo?

I’m guessing you have already seen “To Live and Die in LA” and “Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai” then?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
A student of film Zombo?

I’m guessing you have already seen “To Live and Die in LA” and “Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai” then?
Oh, sometimes. Helps that my neighbourhood video store didn't close until 2016.

Yes to the former (which I love), but no to the latter.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I am currently planning a road trip through the Kootenays for mid-May, looking for input. Anyone here live in the Castlegar/Nelson/Creston/Cranbrook area? Need advice on everything; what sights to see, where to stay (for cheap, I'm guessing it'll be too cold to camp), what routes to take, which areas I can pass over.

Ideally I would like to take the Crowsnest Highway all the way to Cranbrook, work my way up through the Rockies and then come back down the #1. Though I fear that will be too much driving for 7-8 days, not leaving enough time to see the sights. Am I better off heading north up Kootenay Lake and coming back through Vernon? Would leave more time to explore each area.

I'm looking for ideas about outdoor activities, which golf courses to play, which trails to hike, which lookouts to check out. Don't care much for the arts & culture scene, except maybe some breweries along the way.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Pretty much my Waterloo at UBC. I still have the odd night where I wake up, how does that ()&#-+@- chain rule go again?:laugh:. Jeebus, I'm Asian, I'm supposed to be good in math!

If you know the chain rule you're at least in like the 98th percentile for math in this country lol.

Reactions: Hit the post

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Oh, sometimes. Helps that my neighbourhood video store didn't close until 2016.

Yes to the former (which I love), but no to the latter.

To Live and Die in LA is one of the few DVDs I ended up keeping after a move. Check out Ghost Dog.

Roger Deakins usually gets the accolades for cinematography. Prisoners is a good one from him.

Reactions: Hit the post

member 290103

That scene at the lake is still the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a movie.

Another excellent Jake Gyllenhaal crime thriller. I might as well mention Nightcrawler to complete the trifecta.

There are a lot of great scenes in that movie...the very first scene where they pan in over that little Californian town late at night on the 4th of July is brilliant.

David Fincher is exceptional..many of his movies are instant classics...Se7en, The Social Network, Zodiac.

If you have time he has a series of Netflix called Mindhunter that’s really good.

Reactions: Ronning On Empty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad