OT: 2019 OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That is bad ass. Canadian heritage moment right there...should be on a stamp. So where'd they wrangle that "other guy" from?

silly trivia- know where Geddy gets his name from?
I forgot where they “found” the great Neal Peart; I do know he wasn’t the original drummer for Rush. I think he had to quit the band because of his medical condition (diabetes?).

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I remember going to Hoover Dam and doing the OLD step back and forth across the border thing (it borders a couple states, each in a different time zone); go into the future one hour & then go back on hour. Sad thing was it was the most eventful part of my vacation to Vegas (lost a good chunk of change to gambling; I was stupid enough to bet on the Canucks :laugh:)

Speaking of Hoover Dam, do you remember ex Canuck David Roberts? I purchased a handful of his old jockstraps near the Hoover Dam border.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Yeah I remember it never really worked out like we hoped it would. Should have kept Peca.

The Mogilny deal was the correct one to make. He was fabulous during his 1st year here and lit it up with Ronning as his center. Then, management let Ronning walk away, and never gave Mogilny an adequate center to play with.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
I'm really enjoying Umbrella Academy on Netflix, I heard great things about the comic book and the entire cast is great and weird

It's about an x-men style family where everyone has powers except for one girl and she deals with being the only one to not have superpowers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I'm really enjoying Umbrella Academy on Netflix, I heard great things about the comic book and the entire cast is great and weird

It's about an x-men style family where everyone has powers except for one girl and she deals with being the only one to not have superpowers
Wow, I guess people will watch anything

Amazing :shakehead

Reactions: Mr Plow

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
@Neddam ot Sehguh,

Hey man - how come you never said ‘thank you’ to me for suggesting your current handle name? I feel pretty hurt by this. I wasn’t expecting flowers or a gift coupon to Denny’s or anything like that, but a simple, “hey! That’s a great idea! Thanks man!” would have gone a long way.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Drinking a Budweiser at the Daytona 500 was the most American thing I’ve ever done. A different world over there.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Holy shit Tampa is great. And it’s only 6pm here. As Ryan Malone would say, it’s gonna be a goooood night.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Random thoughts:
  • Used to have like twice as many likes but a lot of them got wiped out when the Political forum got wiped out of existence.
  • Repo Man remains the GOAT movie. Everyone go watch it right now.
  • My wife has a cold and has lost her voice. I honestly never realized how much she talks until now.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Random thoughts:
  • Used to have like twice as many likes but a lot of them got wiped out when the Political forum got wiped out of existence.
  • My wife has a cold and has lost her voice. I honestly never realized how much she talks until now.

You should tell your wife about that third point. And video for us too.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Repo Man was already on my list because it's a Robby Müller-shot movie with Harry Dean Stanton (RIP, RIP)

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It's an awesome movie. One of my personal favourites. Infinitely quotable if you like weirding people out. Which I do.
Repo Man was already on my list because it's a Robby Müller-shot movie with Harry Dean Stanton (RIP, RIP)

Interesting trivia is that one of that movies producers was Michael Nesmith - member of the Monkees band. His mom was the person who invented Liquid Paper! Which made him a pretty rich man.

Film is also a favorite of mine.

As to why the heck I’m posting at about 5am in the morning, can’t sleep.:eek:

Reactions: Ronning On Empty

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
Random thoughts:

rip Political forum, it'd be so easy to farm now that Bernie announced he's running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->