NBA 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last season Kevin Knox finished 514th and last in real +/-.

Imho due to Phil Jackson's comments and job performance with the Knicks, I think some people forget about Isiah's behavior and job performance with the Knicks.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

At this time last year I had them easily winning the East (but losing to the Warriors in the Finals) and winning next years championship as I figured the Warriors would have either split up or would be breaking down due to high mileage.

To be honest though I'm actually more surprised the Nets made the playoffs last season, I figured they were going to suck at least until 2023ish.

Reactions: Roboturner913

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Trae Young put up a sneaky good second half averaging 19, almost 4, and 8 for the whole season. Who won that Doncic trade? Is it obvious or not?

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I like the Wizards saying they don't need a GM for the draft/free agency ... after 8 guys turned them down.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, you're drinking the Kool-Aid. Doncic's good, but he won't be a perennial MVP contender.
I don't know if Doncic will be a perennial MVP candidate, but I surely believe he's going to be better than Trae Young without a doubt.

I think there will be seasons where Doncic contends for MVP, but not every single season.

Doncic, though, seems like the type to just go ****ing nuts when the playoffs arrive and lead his teams on constant deep runs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's quite obvious. Doncic will be a perennial league mvp contender, Trae Young will not.

Both had great debut seasons, so good that some were saying they could do co-ROY like they did with Kidd/Hill way back. Honestly they will be compared forever but I don't think its as clear cut yet. Doncic got a lot more hype too.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If the Lakers offered D'lo $70 mil for 3 years he should take it. He can get more, but he could get a ring with them.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The Celtics deserve this with how arrogant the team and the fans have been acting over the last few years. Credit where credit is due because no doubt they made some really smart moves. However, the non-stop talking **** and rubbing it in the faces of the Nets, Cavs, Sixers, etc was a bit much.
And they’re from Boston so it’s about time their fans get a glimpse of how rooting for a mediocre team feels like

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Lakers hire Magic and Kobe's agent to run the front office. They have an aging LeBron, an injury prone AD, and Rob is such a rookie he forgot to include enough cap space for a 3rd max contract in the AD trade.

The Warriors obviously rushed KD and China Klay back too soon. Both sides would be stupid to stay together.

Guaranteed HoFer :rolleyes: Zion is the most over hyped rookie I've seen in half a century. He will not be the next Charles Barkley.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The sad thing is the Lakers could have hired Griffin when Magic stepped down. Their next 5 first round picks are tied up by the AD trade and NBA rules. Except for Kuzma, the Lakers have no assets to trade for the salary cap relief they should have made part of the AD trade.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Can't say i ever heard of this before...

So, she brought the baby back to his house 10-11 days after the baby was lethargic and perhaps high?

Not saying he's right, but why didn't she report it then? They could have taken a blood/urine test from the baby on the spot.

Sounds like she was expecting more financially out of these meetings and is now going after him when she didn't get it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Rumor floating around about a possible deal between Boston and Houston. Clint Capela to Boston and Aron Baynes plus the # 20 and # 22 pick going to Houston. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad