Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
WTF Stammer. No, you haven't won a Cup. You should not be satisfied, what a terrible, terrible perspective to have.

I never thought I would say this but he needs to consider letting someone else have the C and just focus on scoring.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've read lots of post about Ferland...and so I've thought Reaves can be cheaper that the Carolina guy...
I'm curious to see the "Crunchers" to be honest. And Volkov can be a very good add for our roster.

The Crunch guys make more sense too because they are affordable.

We need our own Wilson/Forsberg, if we feel that is the reason why we are losing in the postseason, we shouldn't go after failed re-treads. We have to either try to groom our own, or pay the price to bring one in.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The Crunch guys make more sense too because they are affordable.

We need our own Wilson/Forsberg, if we feel that is the reason why we are losing in the postseason, we shouldn't go after failed re-treads. We have to either try to groom our own, or pay the price to bring one in.
And also the Crunch guys are very interesting prospects...So it's a good thing to bring them in Tampa.
I think BriseBois will try to pay the price for one "big" guy. but I don't think he want to spend lots of money. We'll see what we can save with the trades...

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Isn't that what he said? I'm confused.

You know, I totally read that wrong.

Stamkos said:
"We've done a lot of winning in the playoffs here, and still nobody is satisfied, internally and externally. We know the standard. But we can't just expect that it's going to happen."

I took "nobody" as fans and that he kind of implied that we should be satisfied, and that we shouldn't just expect winning to happen. Yep I read that very differently

Reactions: Hoek

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I too think we should move some off the current roster and promote from the Crunch. Problem is the "old school" Crunch fans will get upset if we do and cry that we aren't treating Syracuse right. We should probably send Palat and Johnson back to Syracuse instead of promoting anyone.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
JBB needs to find Hedman a partner, that should one of his top priorities. UFAs or a trade? Girardi is far too slow and Stralman can't stay healthy. I'd consider bringing back Coburn for cheap. I agree with promoting from within with the forwards. Shipping out at least 2 of the current group would be for the best. Is Foote ready or does he need more seasoning?

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
JBB needs to find Hedman a partner, that should one of his top priorities. UFAs or a trade? Girardi is far too slow and Stralman can't stay healthy. I'd consider bringing back Coburn for cheap. I agree with promoting from within with the forwards. Shipping out at least 2 of the current group would be for the best. Is Foote ready or does he need more seasoning?
Wondering the same thing

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
It would probably be better for Foote’s development if he had another year of top pair minutes in the AHL rather than 3rd pair sheltered minutes in the NHL. Cernak came up after one year in the AHL and it seems like Foote is one year behind him but Cernak actually had an extra year in juniors compared to Foote. Foote was allowed to come into the AHL as a 19 year old because of his birth date. Cernak was drafted in 2015 and Foote in 2017 so he is two years behind him not one. Expecting him to come up next year and be Hedman’s partner is probably too much to ask, and it might hurt his development.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It would probably be better for Foote’s development if he had another year of top pair minutes in the AHL rather than 3rd pair sheltered minutes in the NHL. Cernak came up after one year in the AHL and it seems like Foote is one year behind him but Cernak actually had an extra year in juniors compared to Foote. Foote was allowed to come into the AHL as a 19 year old because of his birth date. Cernak was drafted in 2015 and Foote in 2017 so he is two years behind him not one. Expecting him to come up next year and be Hedman’s partner is probably too much to ask, and it might hurt his development.

Foote and Cernak rookie years in the CHL were both in 15-16. Cernak only played two seasons in the OHL before joining Syracuse. Foote played three and played more games in each season they were in the CHL together. Cernak was playing in a Slovak men's league before the CHL while Foote was playing youth in Colorado. So Cernak was playing much better competition prior. He also played on the Slovak WJC four years. To me Foote is just this past season behind, so like Cernak I think a month or two in Syracuse then he can come up and stay. We just need someone to hold his spot till he comes up.

Reactions: Unfinished Business

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
foote plays right style to me he needs another year to develop more offense imho so id want him down one more year... defensively? he would be ok imho but would then take him a long time or longer time to develop offense now can get bigger minutes and some power play he wont get that here at all and id want 7 d men with sergachev and cernak and foote all together for sure

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I liked Stamkos' exit interview - he nailed everything you wanted to hear, no sugar coating, no excuses but still not showing up was so disappointing. Stamkos: "We say a lot of things but it doesn't matter, we have to go on the ice and do them"

Cooper's exit interview though, my god - just confirmed that he's "everyones best friend" type of coach. Cooper: "We did a ton of good things, you can't say anything bad about these players it just didn't add up, we're like a family here"

lol - never been more convinced they need a hard nosed, no bull shit kind of coach.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I liked Stamkos' exit interview - he nailed everything you wanted to hear, no sugar coating, no excuses but still not showing up was so disappointing. Stamkos: "We say a lot of things but it doesn't matter, we have to go on the ice and do them"

Cooper's exit interview though, my god - just confirmed that he's "everyones best friend" type of coach. Cooper: "We did a ton of good things, you can't say anything bad about these players it just didn't add up, we're like a family here"

lol - never been more convinced they need a hard nosed, no bull **** kind of coach.
agreed you nailed it i am hearing a lot of people not just here saying he should be stripped of the C which i dont agree with we get what we get with stamkos . could we use some fire yes... does cooper's interview make my ears bleed yes lol... we also need a couple hard nosed no bull players imho I am serious I want some banners made for whoever does them and avatars for next year one saying we coulda had Q other calling for cooper's firing... finally brought self to listen to jbb and see the fire control see a man not admitting he is wrong is a shame. I think six years listening to cooper in interviews saying he was learning along with the team. We are a stanley cup contender how can a player respect that and think he can drive the bus to a cup?

Talisman

Nov 7, 2015
you can try so sigh Panarin to tampa:). Panarin-point-kucherov could be fantastic line…;)

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
316lrat.png

Also today we cannot spend a day in peace, without a "Sky is falling" day... xD xD

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What a weird year. I don’t feel quite as bad now since all of these top teams are getting beat. I still don’t like how we played but the playoffs really are random. You need some luck and some momentum to flow your way for a bit. We had none. When we got momentum they took it away right away with a penalty or goal. We just never had a chance to get going. Even though it looks like the sky is falling I still think our team will have a great chance at it going forward. Maybe next year we can go a little under the radar and then shock some teams. Would require a little more frustrating regular season but I’ll take that over the kind of frustrating playoffs we just had. As long as we get in I’m fine. As this playoffs is proving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad