Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Kariya and Selanne tried that once, didn't work out too well. There is zero reason to take a discount as a UFA. I get that he wants to be careful with his family situation, and I'm sure he's comfortable financially, but earn what you're worth while you can.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tough call. We just lost our 6th strait playoff game but we won 62 regular season games. Change isnt a bad idea but how much change?
The first part of your post is the important one. The second part is completely worthless. 62 wins? Who cares. We need to get tougher up front. Our little mosquitos were swatted away like nothing. This team need a power forward and more attitude. St Louis was a team I would not have wanted to face in the Finals. Their brand of hockey would have eaten our lunch. And Cooper would have sat there chewing his gum like an idiot.

source.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The first part of your post is the important one. The second part is completely worthless. 62 wins? Who cares. We need to get tougher up front. Our little mosquitos were swatted away like nothing. This team need a power forward and more attitude. St Louis was a team I would not have wanted to face in the Finals. Their brand of hockey would have eaten our lunch. And Cooper would have sat there chewing his gum like an idiot.

source.gif

I agree with everything except that 62 wins is worthless. The thing that it proves is that there is a shit ton of talent on this team. As "worthless" as that season seems now, its still insanely hard to win 62 games in a season. My point was that we dont blow the whole thing up because we lost 6 strait playoff games. However nobody would argue with some changes.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I agree with everything except that 62 wins is worthless. The thing that it proves is that there is a **** ton of talent on this team. As "worthless" as that season seems now, its still insanely hard to win 62 games in a season. My point was that we dont blow the whole thing up because we lost 6 strait playoff games. However nobody would argue with some changes.

I would've liked to see another coach get a chance with the team before making changes. Instead, we are gonna stick with this loser and tweak so he can blow it again and again. JBB and his BFF for ever! Heart heart

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa

source.gif
I see some Boucher in that

Edit: talking about the gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I would've liked to see another coach get a chance with the team before making changes. Instead, we are gonna stick with this loser and tweak so he can blow it again and again. JBB and his BFF for ever! Heart heart

I wonder what kind of leash he will have this year. Problem is that we have a good enough team to win as many games as any other team in the league. We may have to wait until another failed playoffs before we fire him. Unless we win the cup of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->