Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Neal is pretty much universally hated among Stars fans after his time there. I don't know how Pittsburgh/Nashville fans feel about him but it comes as no surprise to me that he's skipping around the league now.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It doesn't lessen the disappointment, but like....everyone is losing. Flames, Preds, Jets, Pens. Us. Caps forced to 7. Lots of teams expected to make deep runs (especially us and Jets) out real early.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Not a good year to be any team that has home ice. If the Caps bow out too then I think our upset is all but forgotten in days and all the hyperbolic "greatest choke ever" talk will go with it. Who will be left to say anything? Blues? Islanders? Stars? They don't care about us
I doubt it will be forgotten, but at least there are plenty of other story lines swirling around.

The Caps are the last remaining division winner and they still have a chance to be knocked out in the first round. That's insane.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
If the Caps bow out too then I think our upset is all but forgotten in days and all the hyperbolic "greatest choke ever" talk will go with it. Who will be left to say anything? Blues? Islanders? Stars? They don't care about us
Sadly, I think this is wishful thinking. None of the other teams had one of the greatest regular seasons in the history of the league. Despite all of the high-ranking seeds getting ousted... we were a number 1 seed that was believed to be so far better than everyone else.. I have a hard time believing that will be forgotten by anyone any time soon.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I doubt it will be forgotten, but at least there are plenty of other story lines swirling around.

The Caps are the last remaining division winner and they still have a chance to be knocked out in the first round. That's insane.
Not so much forgotten as we aren't gonna hear "LOLOLOLOLZ!1!one!!!eleven!! Anymore because their team probably choked too.

Not having to hear that crap is gonna make for a much better off-season

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sadly, I think this is wishful thinking. None of the other teams had one of the greatest regular seasons in the history of the league. Despite all of the high-ranking seeds getting ousted... we were a number 1 seed that was believed to be so far better than everyone else.. I have a hard time believing that will be forgotten by anyone any time soon.

All of Canada is gonna lick Leaf tears like a cat from a milk bowl if they lose tonight. And if the Canes upset the Caps trust me all of the Metro will rejoice like they won the Cup. No one will care about our 62 wins anymore if that happens.

We still choked but NO ONE is gonna have room to talk about it

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Not a good year to be any team that has home ice. If the Caps bow out too then I think our upset is all but forgotten in days and all the hyperbolic "greatest choke ever" talk will go with it. Who will be left to say anything? Blues? Islanders? Stars? They don't care about us

Maybe NHL hockey is broken

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lol no one is going to forget, nobody cares if Calgary chokes - Tampa's is still the worst choke of all time.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
lol no one is going to forget, nobody cares if Calgary chokes - Tampa's is still the worst choke of all time.

Why? We aren't the first President's Trophy winner to lose round 1 and we won't be the last. Are we really gonna call ourselves the worst because of a sweep and 62 wins? Series have been lost to far worse teams than this year's CBJ. Hell this isn't even the worst choke in pro sports. What the Golden State Warriors did a few years back winning 73 games and setting the all time record only to choke a 3-1 series lead to f***ing Cleveland is far worse than anything we ever could have hoped to accomplish.

Someone's gonna mess up next year and they're not gonna say "at least it's not Tampa" it's gonna be "oh this is so bad"

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why? We aren't the first President's Trophy winner to lose round 1 and we won't be the last. Are we really gonna call ourselves the worst because of a sweep and 62 wins? Series have been lost to far worse teams than this year's CBJ. Hell this isn't even the worst choke in pro sports. What the Golden State Warriors did a few years back winning 73 games and setting the all time record only to choke a 3-1 series lead to ****ing Cleveland is far worse than anything we ever could have hoped to accomplish.

Someone's gonna mess up next year and they're not gonna say "at least it's not Tampa" it's gonna be "oh this is so bad"
You're straight delusional. This is the worst choke in hockey history no matter what other teams do.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why? We aren't the first President's Trophy winner to lose round 1 and we won't be the last. Are we really gonna call ourselves the worst because of a sweep and 62 wins? Series have been lost to far worse teams than this year's CBJ. Hell this isn't even the worst choke in pro sports. What the Golden State Warriors did a few years back winning 73 games and setting the all time record only to choke a 3-1 series lead to ****ing Cleveland is far worse than anything we ever could have hoped to accomplish.

Uh Yes.

Is this rest of this a coping mechanism? The Warriors MADE THE FINALS, Tampa won ZERO games in the playoffs, they aren't even in the same stratosphere of choke.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yes. This isn't complicated.

Wins correlate to the amount of choke we pulled off? I'm not saying you don't raise a valid point but it sounds like one coming from a point of frustration given that teams like Detroit lost to a SJS team in it's 3rd ever year of existence or the Sharks watching the Kings reverse sweep them to a Cup or the Bruins losing in OT to Philly and dropping the next 3. At no point were people saying "Well at least they didn't win 62 games" given that these upsets happened in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Yeah we f***ed up big time. Put us on the list but I just find stuff like that worse.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Uh Yes.

Is this rest of this a coping mechanism? The Warriors MADE THE FINALS, Tampa won ZERO games in the playoffs, they aren't even in the same stratosphere of choke.
And they've won titles. Geez. It's the worst choke in hockey history no matter how deep someone buries their head.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You're straight delusional. This is the worst choke in hockey history no matter what other teams do.

Seriously. We're at the point where unless another team breaks the all-time wins record then gets swept, no one is topping this one. Considering that's been standing for about 40 years, buckle in cause we're going to be hearing about this for awhile sans a cup win.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wins correlate to the amount of choke we pulled off? I'm not saying you don't raise a valid point but it sounds like one coming from a point of frustration given that teams like Detroit lost to a SJS team in it's 3rd ever year of existence or the Sharks watching the Kings reverse sweep them to a Cup or the Bruins losing in OT to Philly and dropping the next 3. At no point were people saying "Well at least they didn't win 62 games" given that these upsets happened in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Yeah we ****ed up big time. Put us on the list but I just find stuff like that worse.
You know why the Bruins and Detroit narratives didn't stick? They ended up winning the Cup. We win the Cup next season, this season's choke is just part of the journey.

But until then? Worst in hockey history. You're being an idiot if you think otherwise.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I always thought home ice in the playoffs put more pressure on the team at the beginning of the series. If you lose one of the first two games (God forbid the first) all the pressure in the world is on you going into 3/4 away. Home ice only helps at the end of the series. But it can be super deflating if you dont take care of business at home in the beginnijg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad