Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's been fun but I hope that in a few months I want to remember this season rather than forget it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
giphy.gif

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Clinching the President's Trophy this early has given me time to take in this season for how great and completely amazing it's been. Of course come playoff time it will be cup or bust. One step at a time here.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Jon Cooper is garbage. This season is a joke. The core is a waste of talent.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I appreciate that I don't have to watch this garbage team again for several months. Now I can focus on guys who will give their all and care, while having a competent coach in Syracuse.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
How about we think about this positively? No way it can get any worse than this. Even if we choke every year from now on there is no way we can match this shit.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx us and lead us to a 82-0 regular season only to get swept by the Senators.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
This isn’t the therapy that we all need after watching that dross.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for that memorable regular season Lightning, was an awesome experience. Just stinks things fell apart at seasons end like this. Shoot, we all didn't realize just how bad the wheels were starting to fall off with Hedman's injury. Then that blown lead in game 1 had this team reeling, and it was to late when they somewhat recovered.

It will be kinda hard to get real excited by any future regular season success though.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I know we have a general discussion thread but this is different.

There's those of us who have been watching for years. There's those of us who are the new generation and welcome additions to our family. Regardless of it all I think there's those of us here who know and understand just how special this year really has been. But for it all are we really digesting it? Are we truly appreciating what we watch? That is what this is about. It was around 2010 I became consciously aware of the idea of the Rays success under Joe Maddon. How the players I watched would not always be there. That the success I enjoyed would not always be there. That Joe himself may one day leave. And wouldn't you know it, it happened. I felt fortunate to have taken the time along the way to realize how special it was.

For me, this has been special not just because of records. It's not just special because of wins. It's special because the day Jeffrey Vinik introduced himself to us he said his dream was of a world-class organization. The man must've said "world-class" somewhere between 3 to 5 times. These are the days in which we have embodied that vision. Imagine.... us. The Tampa Bay Lightning. A world-class organization.

Maybe this thread just ends up being a "me" thing because I'm happy right now. But I encourage all of us to reflect on our journey thus far and enjoy what it means to be a fan of a world class organization who is now making history not seen for ages. Always remember that no matter what happens nothing will EVER be able to take away these moments we've enjoyed together.

Thank you Jeffrey Vinik

Thank you Steve Yzerman and Julien Brisebois

Thank you Jon Cooper

And thank you to our players for giving me a year so amazing I still sometimes have a hard time believing it has been real.

Give your thanks guys. It's not so unbelievable or impossible that someone important is gonna see it.
Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. This season was a total failure . We were swept by the 8th seed. The team showed no heart or fight. Cooper is a joke. Yzerman saw this coming and resigned before the s*** hit the fan. I am disgusted by the record setting disappointment.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You guys had an incredible season and you deserve congratulations for that. Probably doesn’t mean much right now, but hopefully you guys are back next year. Good luck.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Delete the truth?
If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
I know we have a general discussion thread but this is different.

There's those of us who have been watching for years. There's those of us who are the new generation and welcome additions to our family. Regardless of it all I think there's those of us here who know and understand just how special this year really has been. But for it all are we really digesting it? Are we truly appreciating what we watch? That is what this is about. It was around 2010 I became consciously aware of the idea of the Rays success under Joe Maddon. How the players I watched would not always be there. That the success I enjoyed would not always be there. That Joe himself may one day leave. And wouldn't you know it, it happened. I felt fortunate to have taken the time along the way to realize how special it was.

For me, this has been special not just because of records. It's not just special because of wins. It's special because the day Jeffrey Vinik introduced himself to us he said his dream was of a world-class organization. The man must've said "world-class" somewhere between 3 to 5 times. These are the days in which we have embodied that vision. Imagine.... us. The Tampa Bay Lightning. A world-class organization.

Maybe this thread just ends up being a "me" thing because I'm happy right now. But I encourage all of us to reflect on our journey thus far and enjoy what it means to be a fan of a world class organization who is now making history not seen for ages. Always remember that no matter what happens nothing will EVER be able to take away these moments we've enjoyed together.

Thank you Jeffrey Vinik

Thank you Steve Yzerman and Julien Brisebois

Thank you Jon Cooper

And thank you to our players for giving me a year so amazing I still sometimes have a hard time believing it has been real.

Give your thanks guys. It's not so unbelievable or impossible that someone important is gonna see it.
Click to expand...​
Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. This season was a total failure . We were swept by the 8th seed. The team showed no heart or fight. Cooper is a joke. Yzerman saw this coming and resigned before the s*** hit the fan. I am disgusted by the record setting disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad