Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finbolter

Nov 22, 2013
So we have about 16.4 mil cap space? (10.6+5.8 ltir) easily can sign point and pavelski and still have room add some lower line forward,

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So we have about 16.4 mil cap space? (10.6+5.8 ltir) easily can sign point and pavelski and still have room add some lower line forward,

Sounds like we're not planning to use Cally's space unless we can move the contract.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Just for kicks I messed around on CapFriendly and was able to get Pavelski on board for 3 yrs @ $6m, Point signed, RFA's qualified @ 110% and still had $1.5M-$2M is space left. Of course that includes Callahan's LTIR kicking in but for next year with the rollover bonuses and Vasy, Cirelli, Joseph, Cernak, Domingue, and Sergachev due it comes at the expense of a Palat buyout this time next year.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's not a big deal. His contract will slide to whenever his pro career starts. For a first round pick, it's a pretty safe move to save a couple of bucks. Unless we're talking about Cal.

We need a system to tell which Foote is which.

Big Foote, Little Foote? Nolan and Cal? 29 Feete, 52 Feete? One gets called hand? Right Foote? Left Foote?

Or we can latinize is into Footeius Maximus and Footeius Minimus

Reactions: Coopers Gum

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Just for kicks I messed around on CapFriendly and was able to get Pavelski on board for 3 yrs @ $6m, Point signed, RFA's qualified @ 110% and still had $1.5M-$2M is space left. Of course that includes Callahan's LTIR kicking in but for next year with the rollover bonuses and Vasy, Cirelli, Joseph, Cernak, Domingue, and Sergachev due it comes at the expense of a Palat buyout this time next year.
What did you sign Point for?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I just posted the Right Foote / Left Foote suggestion in another thread before reading your post.
We'll eventually be calling them good Foote and bad Foote if they both play in the NHL. Or bad Foote and worse Foote.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I don't know, I've always had a feeling that the number would be under 8. I honestly think the biggest issue is probably term right now.

Exactly my mindset when doing it. Although at that cap hit @ 8yrs would be beyond awesome, I'm getting the sense that his camp doesn't want so many of his UFA years eaten in to. Reports are JBB and the Org want 3, they want 5, so I went with 5 yrs. Call it an "extended" bridge deal with more sweetener than Kuch, Palat, and TJ got.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I would have tabled 3 years $21 million for a $7 million AAV at first offer and added more term as needed if he was okay with the money. Just whatever keeps that cap hit down

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Exactly my mindset when doing it. Although at that cap hit @ 8yrs would be beyond awesome, I'm getting the sense that his camp doesn't want so many of his UFA years eaten in to. Reports are JBB and the Org want 3, they want 5, so I went with 5 yrs. Call it an "extended" bridge deal with more sweetener than Kuch, Palat, and TJ got.

Shoot call it 4 years and meet in the middle. If you can anything below 8 million AAV it's a MASSIVE win. If it was something like 4 years $30 million it would be one of the best deals in the leauge

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Shoot call it 4 years and meet in the middle. If you can anything below 8 million AAV it's a MASSIVE win. If it was something like 4 years $30 million it would be one of the best deals in the leauge

I don't think anybody's world would end if we signed him 4 x 9m. Like a hybrid deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad