Speculation: 2019 Off Season Roster Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm gonna assume Garland is our 13th forward now since we're gung-ho on Hayton making the team.

Crouse - Schmaltz - Kessel
Soderberg - Stepan - Keller
Hayton - Dvorak - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza
Garland

Reactions: Antonche and _Del_

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
One way, $1M, according to CapFriendly.

Hey, that was a quick raise. It said 700K when it was uncomfirmed.

I think he'll be worth it. Possibly by "intangibles", for their lack of effort so far, but I'll think he'll be worth it for them.

For what it's worth. (Nothing, I know. :laugh:)

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
I'm gonna assume Garland is our 13th forward now since we're gung-ho on Hayton making the team.

Garland

That's not awful...though it's a Jenga lineup, and we can't handle many blocks being taken out with so little depth. Wish we could have added a more physical player. The Sheriff can't do it all.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We probably need about 210 goals from our forward group. Is that possible? I think we can get at least 30 from the D group with 15 from Oliver and 5 or so from each of Goose, Demers, and Chychrun. Any other offense from the back end is gravy.

30 - Kessel
25 - Schmaltz, Keller
20 - Dvorak, Hinostroza
15 - Soderberg, Stepan, Fischer, Grabner
10 - Hayton, Garland, Richardson, Crouse

Give or take a few, that gets us to 220. Going from zero 20-plus goal guys to 5 looks a little funny, but I don't think it's improbable either.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Who's going to leadoff in the shootout now?

(Kessel is 1 for 5 in shootouts over the last 2 years)

Actually, it would be nice to see some statistics on guys possible coming up. There are always some guys coming up.

According to NHL Records

-the best shooters of the active players, all seasons though, is Stepan, Kessel, OEL, and Keller... that's the only ones who makes the top 375-list...

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Actually, it would be nice to see some statistics on guys possible coming up. There are always some guys coming up.

According to NHL Records

-the best shooters of the active players, all seasons though, is Stepan, Kessel, OEL, and Keller... that's the only ones who makes the top 375-list...

Need Coach Vrbata.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017

Garland

Wasn't some of the point with Schmaltz he was a center who made Keller look elite again? Yeah, going in circles...

Just trade Keller to Tampa for their Vancouver-first unprotected (by Tampa), and a less famous ELC-forward with more years on their ELC... Now, that's a way to get banned here... :naughty:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Same. Had been given the choice I would have atleast brought cousins back.

Same. Our forward depth is pretty slim, but Merkely should get a chance which is needed to evaluate what we have there. Wouldn't have minded keeping Cousin or Archibald, just not both. Let's bring in Boyle before we sink ourselves after one of our centers or vets goes down.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Same. Our forward depth is pretty slim, but Merkely should get a chance which is needed to evaluate what we have there. Wouldn't have minded keeping Cousin or Archibald, just not both. Let's bring in Boyle before we sink ourselves after one of our centers or vets goes down.

It's funny that if you go buy the counting goals strategy Mosby was using earlier, letting both Archibald and Cousins puts a hit on that number :laugh:
Though I'd be very surprised if Archibald ever hits double digits goals scored again. He wouldn't have here if not for the injuries. Though he's a fairly good shooter as far as 4th liners go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad