Speculation: 2019 Off Season Roster Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Joe Thornton stayed it was Sharks or nothing, right? Have we heard from Justin Williams that it’s Canes or nothing? The Dzingel signing kinda already replaces him, no? If he’s looking for a team, I’d be thrilled to bring him here.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Hockey db and the Greyhounds list him at 191 lbs.
Toc said he was up to 205 in an interview a couple weeks ago. Said the kids the real deal. Mentioned the low body fat also. The kids training in Zona for the summer so there’s been a bit of coverage.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A lot of people seem to not be a fan of Dvo on the wing, which I get, but think of it this way...Dvo takes most of the draws - maybe Schmaltz takes some on his strong side. In Toc’s system the first man back is “the low man,” so it doesn’t necessarily mean that Schmaltz is going to be a liability in the defensive zone if he is playing through the middle of the ice during regular play...I don’t remember any huge mistakes defensively from him last year in the 17 games he played either. Nothing that made me say, “wow this guy can’t play center, he’s lost in the D zone..”
I think they will give Schmaltz a try at C, decide he is a winger, and trade him in the off season.:sarcasm: Seriously, I think they will try him at C, but he will end up a winger.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Joe Thornton stayed it was Sharks or nothing, right? Have we heard from Justin Williams that it’s Canes or nothing? The Dzingel signing kinda already replaces him, no? If he’s looking for a team, I’d be thrilled to bring him here.

Haven't heard any "Carolina or bust" statements from Williams. I doubt he's tied to the East Coast considering he played in LA for a while. Also used to play with Tocchet in Philly so there is some familiarity there. Bet it would have to be a decent pay cheque to come though.

rt

May 13, 2004
Haven't heard any "Carolina or bust" statements from Williams. I doubt he's tied to the East Coast considering he played in LA for a while. Also used to play with Tocchet in Philly so there is some familiarity there. Bet it would have to be a decent pay cheque to come though.
Give him most of Hossa’s caphit? On a one year?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Crouse - Schmaltz - Kessel
Keller - Stepan - Williams
Soderberg - Dvorak - Fischer
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza

rt

May 13, 2004
Pretty sure Williams already said it was Carolina or home.
I looked last night. Couldn't find it. Found some articles as recent as this week talking about his future, and none specifically referenced this as being a completely binary Carolina/Retire scenario. Doesn't mean it's not true. Doesn't even mean he hasn't said it. I just couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad