GDT: 2019 NLCS: (3) St. Louis Cardinals vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 4-0

NLCS

• Total voters

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Nationals probably are best served losing one or two. We saw what happened to the 06 tigers 07 Rockies and 15 Mets when they sat around a week and the other series went 7

Sep 19, 2008
Nationals probably are best served losing one or two. We saw what happened to the 06 tigers 07 Rockies and 15 Mets when they sat around a week and the other series went 7
Red Sox IIRC swept the Astros and had rest too. It didn't stop them.

But you do have a point. I was a little scared of that until I remembered that from last year.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
It ain't. 2 more games. Anything can change.

Hopefully Strasburg and Corbin pitch lights out. What's going on right now is just amazing in terms of how they've reached another level in the playoffs

The Nats are just a better team than the Cards. Better record. Better run differential. Better lineup. Slightly better starting pitching. I don't see STL winning 4 of 5.

Red Sox IIRC swept the Astros and had rest too. It didn't stop them.

BOS-HOU was a 5 game series, so 1 less day of rest.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
The Nats are just a better team than the Cards. Better record. Better run differential. Better lineup. Slightly better starting pitching. I don't see STL winning 4 of 5.
Slightly?? Their 3rd pitcher is better than the Cards ace

Cards have had the most volatile offense all year, when they get hot forget it, game over...which is what happened of late. Then they get ice cold and can't buy a run. Annoying AF all season if you play DFS

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sadly I think Cards are done.

Flaherty pretty much has to pitch the game of his life tonight. It feels as if the Nats have always been a better road playoff team the last 3 years with this group so I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they lost 2 of 3 at home. I still don’t see the Cards winning the series though

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Good pitching always seems to shut down good hitting........

Not to mention both teams are using the same balls, yet only one seems to be complaining right now.
I don't think the Cardinals are complaining about the balls? Saying that they're traveling different isn't a complaint, and the Cardinals are hardly the only ones mentioning it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Flaherty pretty much has to pitch the game of his life tonight. It feels as if the Nats have always been a better road playoff team the last 3 years with this group so I wouldn’t be completely surprised if they lost 2 of 3 at home. I still don’t see the Cards winning the series though
I mean, not really? He just has to pitch similarly to how he's pitched the last few months. This will be decided by the offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00