GDT: 2019 NLCS: (3) St. Louis Cardinals vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 4-0

NLCS

• Total voters

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Nah, baseball is dumb like this. I see you're a big fan :rolleyes:

I'm going with Cards in 6, but I could see them finishing this in 5. I believe the Nationals used all their good mojo to win against the Dodgers, and will not have a disappointing series after such an emotional series win.
The rest have changed relatively recently, though, right? I just assumed baseball did too and it’s been so long since the cardinals have been in....

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No. Cards are not likeable at all. I don't care if the 'hate is running through' me. I do not like that franchise. No, I do not.

I have always liked how they conduct business and build their teams. Usually don't go for the flashy free agent signing and they rarely make blockbuster trades, Goldy being the first one in a while. A lot of build from within and in terms of successful franchises, they probably have the least annoying/cocky fans.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I have always liked how they conduct business and build their teams. Usually don't go for the flashy free agent signing and they rarely make blockbuster trades, Goldy being the first one in a while. A lot of build from within and in terms of successful franchises, they probably have the least annoying/cocky fans.

Yes, yes, they're a very well run organization with a history of success and blah blah blah...

They definitely have a history of big trades though

McGwire - 1997
Jim Edmonds - 2000
Scott Rolen - 2002
Wainwright for JD Drew - 2003
Larry Walker - 2004
Mulder for Haren - 2005
Glaus for Rolen - 2008
Holliday - 2009
Rasumus - 2011
Heyward for Miller - 2014
Ozuna - 2017
Goldy - 2019

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Not that I desperately want to correct you, but I would consider the Ozuna trade to be similarly "blockbusterish" like the Goldschmidt trade. Anyway, I think Washington has better pitching, which usually decides a series.

Gruß,
BSHH

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
lol, some of you are kidding yourselves. No one likes the Cardinals, other than their fans, and maybe old Expos fans this week. I don't blame Expos fans for feeling that way, but definitely hope the Nationals win. Wouldn't mind seeing some Phillies fans get soured up.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
lol, some of you are kidding yourselves. No one likes the Cardinals, other than their fans, and maybe old Expos fans this week. I don't blame Expos fans for feeling that way, but definitely hope the Nationals win. Wouldn't mind seeing some Phillies fans get soured up.

Nats winning would be cool just to see the reaction from Phillies fans.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nats winning would be cool just to see the reaction from Phillies fans.
As long as they dont win the World Series (which they have a slight chance of winning), none of us care if they made it. Just like the Mets in 2015.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Nats are 4 games away from WS and Nat fans are spending time thinking about Bryce Harper 24/7

Hell at this point they don't deserve success
I dont get it either. They never even made the playoffs til he started playing for them. That franchise went 31 years between playoff appearances and I know they would have made it in 94 without the strike. Washington never had a winning season til his rookie year.

Dec 19, 2008
NoVA

I love our resident psychopath. Get him a ring!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

lot of people are tired of the Cardinals. They’ve made what 425374 NLCS

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Ignore the haters. Jealousy has compounded over the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad