GDT: 2019 NLCS: (3) St. Louis Cardinals vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 4-0

NLCS

• Total voters
Sep 19, 2008
Honestly thought Anibal Sanchez had retired.... :amazed:
He has been mixed but got hot late in the year and has been pretty decent in the playoffs. One of the tweets said there wasn't a Big 3 in DC (Scherzer/Stras/Corbin) but "Big 4" :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Curious to see what happens tomorrow. Scherzer had a gritty performance in Game 4 and be curious to see if he can shut down the Cards offense in a similar fashion. If so Cards may have a quick stay in the NLCS. The Nats starters right now are in form. Kendrick is also getting timely hits too.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Curious to see what happens tomorrow. Scherzer had a gritty performance in Game 4 and be curious to see if he can shut down the Cards offense in a similar fashion. If so Cards may have a quick stay in the NLCS. The Nats starters right now are in form. Kendrick is also getting timely hits too.

Cards were the lowest scoring playoff team for what it's worth. Outside of that 10 run inning, they did most of their damage in the NLDS in the 8th-9th innings.

Sep 19, 2008
Mikolas retired Juan Soto on a bouncer to second for the final out of the fifth, leaving the bases loaded. The pitcher then grabbed his crotch briefly in the direction of the slugger.

''To me it's not good,'' Soto said. ''I don't care. He can do whatever he wants. We're going to keep going.''

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Cards offence is in a total deep freeze. I don't know if it's due to where TBS has placed its mics, but the crowd just seems stunned and quiet.

Their offense has been bad all year. They had one of the worst OPSs in history of a team to make the postseason. I felt the Cards would get one game in this series. Either 1 or 4. So far they failed at one. To me game 1 for the Cards was as important as game 1 is for the Yankees tonight. Losing that game significantly lowered/lowers each team’s chance of winning the series

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Insane coincidence:

-The 2013 Red Sox were no hit through 5 innings in consecutive LCS games by Anibal Sanchez and Max Scherzer.
-The 2019 Cardinals were no hit through 5 innings in consecutive LCS games by Anibal Sanchez and Max Scherzer.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniCube

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad