GDT: 2019 NLCS: (3) St. Louis Cardinals vs (WC1) Washington Nationals - WSH wins 4-0

NLCS

• Total voters

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Jeez, Atlanta must be so embarrassed. Washington completely shut the Cards down. How the hell do you allow 13 runs to that offence in a game 5 of a division series at your own home?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Mariners are about to become the only franchise w/o a World Series appearance.

Sorry if any Mariner fans read this, but at least the NHL is coming to town soon!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Corbin just totally lost it this inning. Last thing you can do when you have a huge lead is start walking people and getting behind in the count.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Oof. Not great from Goldschmidt there, but Ozuna at-bat was brutal.

Nats really need another run to ease the pressure. Cards are right back in this.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
They have to consider using Scherzer here. 3 more innings and you really only have Doolittle and Hudson left that you trust. Let him go an inning tonight and if the series continues, he'll have two days of rest before game 6 if it gets that far.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
awesome to see the nats make it all the way to the WS. even better that they're doing it without harper

now please...please...please beat whoever comes out of the AL

I can’t see them beating Houston. The Yankees maybe but as I said 3 times having 6 days off will kill them barring that other series ending in 5 which it likely won’t. The last 7 teams to sweep the LCS where the other LCS went 6 or 7 are 0-7 in the World Series

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
They have to consider using Scherzer here. 3 more innings and you really only have Doolittle and Hudson left that you trust. Let him go an inning tonight and if the series continues, he'll have two days of rest before game 6 if it gets that far.

I would consider it in the 9th. Hudson just threw a lot of hugh stress pitches.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Man, what a brutal performance from the Nats offense after the first inning. Never even made it interesting aside from a few fly balls to center field.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I would consider it in the 9th. Hudson just threw a lot of hugh stress pitches.

It doesn't look like they'll be using Scherzer but you just have to if Hudson gets into any trouble. Say he puts on two runners and his pitch count is in the 30's, they can't leave him in there any longer.

I know it's 3-0 and there's no need to get overly aggressive, but Scherzer can go up to an inning here. Starters generally do some throwing during their off-days anyways.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It doesn't look like they'll be using Scherzer but you just have to if Hudson gets into any trouble. Say he puts on two runners and his pitch count is in the 30's, they can't leave him in there any longer.

I know it's 3-0 and there's no need to get overly aggressive, but Scherzer can go up to an inning here. Starters generally do some throwing during their off-days anyways.

Im guessing they’re just gonna go all the way here with Hudson.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Congrats to the Nats!

Going to need an amazing performance from the rotation to have a chance against the Astros/Yankees, though. At least they’ll be 100% rested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->