Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I voted for Boldy in the HF team board mock draft, but the more I think about it the more I believe Caufield would've been the better pick...

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
If we want to actually pick in the low 20s, we absolutely need Colorado to win their series. Dallas-SJ or STL-SJ are both worst-case scenarios.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If the Sharks make the WCF, then we absolutely need the Blues to make it as well. At least then we’d be guaranteed pick #28. Not great, but better than 30 or 31.

Reactions: eternalbedhead

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Russia upsets usa in semis at u18 world championships. 3-2 russia in shootout

Caufield had 2 goals and tied ovies 14 goal record

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
US and CAN both out and both with high end rosters. US with an outstanding one. And all top forwards failed at the shootout.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
US and CAN both out and both with high end rosters. US with an outstanding one. And all top forwards failed at the shootout.
They didn't even get shots off 3/5... oh well the bronze medal game should be some really good hockey.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If the Sharks make the WCF, then we absolutely need the Blues to make it as well. At least then we’d be guaranteed pick #28. Not great, but better than 30 or 31.

Since we get the better of the two picks (as long as the St Louis pick is at least #20) the worst the pick can be is #29. Small difference at that point. Obviously, the best scenario is for SJ to lose to the Avs and then the pick will be no worse than #24 and possibly as high as #21. If SJ beats the Avs then the pick will be #28 or #29 depending on who the loser of the Eastern conference final is.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Who cares where that pick ends up, we are the best team in the league at late 1st early 2nd round picks.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Since we get the better of the two picks (as long as the St Louis pick is at least #20) the worst the pick can be is #29. Small difference at that point. Obviously, the best scenario is for SJ to lose to the Avs and then the pick will be no worse than #24 and possibly as high as #21. If SJ beats the Avs then the pick will be #28 or #29 depending on who the loser of the Eastern conference final is.
The worst the pick can be is #31, if the Blues lose to the Stars and the Sharks win the Cup.

If the Avs beat the Sharks, the pick is #23 at worst.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think any reasonable person would rather pick #21 than #29. Having a preference for the higher pick seems entirely rational.
We can't have 21 anymore

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The more i see broberg the more i like... wouldnt pick him over centers/boldy... but he looks like a dmen with a lot of potential

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The more I watch Broberg the more I think he'll go in the top 10. Potential as a top 2 defenseman is just too high to ignore.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The more I watch Broberg the more I think he'll go in the top 10. Potential as a top 2 defenseman is just too high to ignore.
Got the same impression... good size, great skating... if he was RHD hed be borderline perfect.

Honestly id love/hate to be a scout in this draft soooo, specially picking in that 5-13 spot.... so many high talented players. Idk ill trust our scouts, god knows I wouldn't want the decision.

I went with Boldy in the poll.... but Broberg, Newhook, (any centers that potentially drop out to us like zegras/dach/Krebs/Turcotte) all seem like picks id be happy with.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I like Broberg but there's just so much high end skill that will be available at 9 it's hard to see them pick a defensman early. Especially since we kind of struck out with our last first round swede dman Larsson. But judging by the Ducks past scouting I fully expect them to go with either Broberg or Soderstrom at 9. Beecher with the late first.

Reactions: Doothpick

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
A week or so ago (after the lottery) I posted that Craig Button's mock draft had the Ducks taking Broberg. It wasn't a very popular opinion around here then. My how times change. :)

Broberg has had a good tournament and was good in all of the areas I questioned him in so it definitely changed my view of him and I'll be ok with it if our scouts take him at 9.

If they take him with Turcotte, Newhook and Zegras still on the board like Button has, however....

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
A week or so ago (after the lottery) I posted that Craig Button's mock draft had the Ducks taking Broberg. It wasn't a very popular opinion around here then. My how times change. :)

With maybe one or two exceptions, no one had actually seen him play prior to this tournament. Everyone was just reading about his pros and cons. But seeing is believing...he didn't have a perfect tourney but he was a very noticeable player every game he played.

Ducks will have to decide if they want a 6'3" defenseman who can skate like the wind and has a great shot or a 6'0" forward who is more or less equally dynamic (assuming someone like Zegras or Krebs are still on the board...I don't think Turcotte will be). Boldy is a step below them IMO and Caufield is a higher risk type.

The Ducks scouts will earn their pay with this selection for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad