Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Zegras pass on Hughes goal and Caufield shot is insane

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd love it if a team in front of the Ducks picks Caufield so that the Ducks have a higher chance of being able to select Krebs at #9. Honestly wouldn't mind if Murray picks Lavoie given his speed/size & skill as a Center.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
I'd love it if a team in front of the Ducks picks Caufield so that the Ducks have a higher chance of being able to select Krebs at #9. Honestly wouldn't mind if Murray picks Lavoie given his speed/size & skill as a Center.

Lavoie is a winger. There's been questions of his compete level and he goes long periods of looking disinterested. I'd rather Ducks avoid those kind of players in the 1st round.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lavoie is a winger. There's been questions of his compete level and he goes long periods of looking disinterested. I'd rather Ducks avoid those kind of players in the 1st round.
He's also listed as a Center, have read he can play it as much as Kakko can.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
He's also listed as a Center, have read he can play it as much as Kakko can.

Lavoie hasn't played center since he was 16, so it's a pretty good bet he'll be a winger in pros as well. Kakko also hasn't played center basically ever, it was an experiment earlier in the season that didn't go over too well. Kakko might have the smarts and skill-set suited for center, but I'd bet he'll be a winger as well.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I could see the Ducks reaching a bit and going with Beecher with the other first. Wouldnt hate the idea either. Dude is a legit 6' 3" and ridiculous speed, true center.

Zegras/Beecher draft would be awesome. Wouldnt hate if they reached for Caufield either. He's tiny but that kind of goal scoring ability is game changing.

Last edited:

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
i'm not going to pretend to really know the abilities of any of these prospects, but I feel like we have enough playmakers as it is. We really need to start getting some pure goal scores into the organization, don't you think?

I think we need to start thinking about the player that can replace Getzlaf. For me, your first line center should primarily be a playmaker, with the ability to score goals when necessary. We have enough wingers who can score goals, we need the next player that is going to control the play and feed them the puck and for me that’s Zegras and Dach.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
What’s the playoff scenario that we need to for out 2nd 1st rounder? We rooting for the Blues or would that make them too high and push us out to Buffalos’ worst pick?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
What’s the playoff scenario that we need to for out 2nd 1st rounder? We rooting for the Blues or would that make them too high and push us out to Buffalos’ worst pick?
We need the sharks to go out in this round to make a big difference. If they don't, either pick ends up 28-31 but we get the better of the two.

Edit: Well actually the Blues could fall to 19 if they lose this round but we wouldn't get it then.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ok, good to know. I can root against DAL, SJ, and BOS. Tough to root against AVS with them hurting our players but they did a good job against those CAL fockers like Tkachuk and Giodano.

Maybe I’ll root for CBJ since they never won anything.

By the way, Murray needs to look at Russian talent more... seems like most champions have some Russians. All except for maybe Boston.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We need the sharks to go out in this round to make a big difference. If they don't, either pick ends up 28-31 but we get the better of the two.

Edit: Well actually the Blues could fall to 19 if they lose this round but we wouldn't get it then.
Damnit. I can`t see how Colorado would win SJ. I guess 28-31 it is then. You had one job, Las Vegas

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ok, good to know. I can root against DAL, SJ, and BOS. Tough to root against AVS with them hurting our players but they did a good job against those CAL fockers like Tkachuk and Giodano.

Maybe I’ll root for CBJ since they never won anything.

By the way, Murray needs to look at Russian talent more... seems like most champions have some Russians. All except for maybe Boston.

Most (actually all) champions have great players. Nationality is irrelevant.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Damnit. I can`t see how Colorado would win SJ. I guess 28-31 it is then. You had one job, Las Vegas

You must not have watched the Avs destroy the Flames. If they play anything close to that level against SJ then the Avs will win that series. Doesn't help SJ that Pavelski and EK are hurting.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Yeah was thinking the same thing. Hopefully the latter, but I'm not too confident about that.
Part of me hopes thay if his head was actually cracked they would have done more to stabalize him than just put a towel on his head to stem the flow of blood.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
You must not have watched the Avs destroy the Flames. If they play anything close to that level against SJ then the Avs will win that series. Doesn't help SJ that Pavelski and EK are hurting.

I think the AVS have a great chance at beating SJ even though they have 2 super start Dmen in Burns and Karlsson. It really all falls on Martin Jones, and I don't think he is that good and is very streaky. He is SJs achilles heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad