Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
There is a bunch of the 2nd tier D at that point in the draft Broberg,Seider,Harley,Heniola and Robertson.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
A C with 2nd line potential.

I'm guessing Suzuki.

I don't think Suzuki has top 6 C potential. He's more of a perimeter player than Rosie and Rosie hasn't cut it so far. His brother at least drives play. Younger Suzuki is about as perimeter as they come.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
not sure about Broberg.... when i hear all tools questionable tool-box for a Dman it's kind of alarming. He can skate though.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
he seems to be all over the place in mocks and rankings, polarizing prospect.

Yeah but GM's are reactionary people and with the recent success of a team that had big mobile defencemen (Blues) on the backend. He'll be highly coveted come draft day. I don't think he makes it past pick #15 and could even sneak into the first round. Bobby Mack's list had him #15 exactly and part of me thinks he could even sneak into the top 10.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
When you're trying to draft a 2C at 20 OA, you're picking a guy who is not currently on the 2C trajectory. If he was on that trajectory then he would have been picked already. You can pick a less skilled C and hope he becomes more skilled (eg McMichael) or you can pick a highly skilled C that hasn't made full use of them yet (eg Suzuki).

I like Nikolayev too, but we could probably trade back 15 slots and get him there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah but GM's are reactionary people and with the recent success of a team that had big mobile defencemen (Blues) on the backend. He'll be highly coveted come draft day. I don't think he makes it past pick #15 and could even sneak into the first round. Bobby Mack's list had him #15 exactly and part of me thinks he could even sneak into the top 10.
yeah and Broberg dominated the U18s if i recall. Heinola had a poor performance comparatively.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Feels nice to actually care about the 1st round again.

Indeed!

I want Moritz Seider.

Also - if you want video on a lot of these guys, you can sign up for my website with coupon code HFBOARDS and first month is free. You can even go to your account and cancel the recurring subscriptions and just ride out the free month if you'd like. Enjoy ;).

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Jets seem to have their guy who they value in the low teens but think will slide. Our USHL/USNDP picks in the first couple of rounds are usually lights-out, that's where I would be looking.

I would say Cam York or Alex Vlasic.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Seider
York
Tomasino
Heinola
Soderstrom
Harley
Broberg
Looking at mock drafts, Broberg, Soderstrom and probably York could well be gone for D-men by the time we pick. Decent chance either Harley or Seider are still around, and at 6'3" & 6'4", they are some of the bigger D-men projected for the first round.
As far as C's go, Newhook & Lavoie will probably be gone, but good chance for either or both of Suzuki or Tomasino

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad