Speculation: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I miss our first round pick..

Our pick is @ # 22 right now but will guarantee move up to 21 with the winner of Stl vs Dallas going to the Western confrence final.

If Coldorado beats San Jose it moves to #20......

If Columbus beats Boston it moves to #19.

Edit..... If Carolina beats Wash in game 7......and then beats NYI it will move to #18

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Our pick is @ # 22 right now but will guarantee move up to 21 with the winner of Stl vs Dallas going to the Western confrence final.

If Coldorado beats San Jose it moves to #20......

If Columbus beats Boston it moves to #19.

Edit..... If Carolina beats Wash in game 7......and then beats NYI it will move to #18

Yeah that pick would be mighty nice right now.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looks like we'll pick 53, 115 and 146 unless we acquire more picks. I think it might still be able to change as well.

I really like the thought of going after Mads Soogard with our 2nd rounder. I know most people don't like picking goalies high but the truth of the matter is the best ones usually go top 3 rounds. Wiht our 4th rounder I'm hoping a guy like Karl Henriksson is still there. With our 5th it doesn't really matter. Just take best guy on your list.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nothing to look forward to really, unless Chevy does something on draft day.
I would rather have tonnes of interest on trade deadline day because we are looking to add a piece or pieces for the playoffs . Having said that i wouldn't be surprised if Chevy makes a trade or two on draft day .

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
2019 NHL DRAFT FIRST-ROUND ORDER ( as of May 9 )
1. New Jersey Devils
2. New York Rangers
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Colorado Avalanche (from Ottawa Senators)
5. Los Angeles Kings
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Edmonton Oilers
9. Anaheim Ducks
10. Vancouver Canucks
11. Philadelphia Flyers
12. Minnesota Wild
13. Florida Panthers
14. Arizona Coyotes
15. Montreal Canadiens
16. Colorado Avalanche
17. Vegas Golden Knights
18. Dallas Stars
19. Ottawa Senators (from Columbus Blue Jackets)
20. New York Rangers (from Winnipeg Jets)
21. Pittsburgh Penguins
22. Los Angeles Kings (from Toronto Maple Leafs)
23. New York Islanders
24. Nashville Predators
25. Washington Capitals
26. Calgary Flames
27. Tampa Bay Lightning
28. Conference final losing team with fewest points
29. Conference final losing team with most points
30. Stanley Cup Final losing team
31. Stanley Cup winner

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I have a feeling Chevy will acquire multiple draft picks for this draft (Trouba trade, Perrault trade + one other player). It is going to be an exciting draft day for Jets fans!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Can anyone recommend a bar or restaurant to watch the draft (w volume) on Friday? I cut my cable for the first time after GoT ended and I'm not sure how to navigate a world without tv subscription.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Can anyone recommend a bar or restaurant to watch the draft (w volume) on Friday? I cut my cable for the first time after GoT ended and I'm not sure how to navigate a world without tv subscription.

BP City Place will have the draft on with the volume up. It is being hosted by the Jets and there will also be prospects there if i'm not mistaken. Not sure which ones though.

Keep in mind, you have to buy tickets for it.

Reactions: lanky

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
BP City Place will have the draft on with the volume up. It is being hosted by the Jets and there will also be prospects there if i'm not mistaken. Not sure which ones though.

Keep in mind, you have to buy tickets for it.
Thanks!

I found this link but it doesn't say anything about ticket price in $, only in Jets rewards. I called BP and they say it's a private event.

2019 Draft Party | Jets Rewards

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okay, so let's pretend that the Jets get the #11 OA or the #20 OA.

Who do they target? I'll go first (based on who might be available according to McKenzie's list)...

#11 - Krebs, Newhook, Broberg...

#20 - Tomasino, Heinola, York...

I'm biased towards C for this draft, for obvious reasons.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If Jets can get a 1st back for Trouba from this draft, just nail a 1st liner on fwd or D with the pick. That's all we really need to worry about.

Should be fun. I'll be watching just to see if we trade into the draft.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I'm a Nathan Legare fan if he's still around at the end of the second round. He can shoot and pass, really exploded at the end of the 2017/18 season and never really slowed down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad