2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Where do they have Byram, Honka and Bjornfot ?
It's the 2018 draft preview so they only list the top ten for the following year's draft. None of those guys are in it. York is the only defenseman. The rest are forwards.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No way Price pulls a 2nd tank job...I think he'll be healthy this year and play well enough for us to win a few low scoring games.

My guess is we finish somewhere between bottom 5 and bottom 10...closer to #10 though

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
No way Price pulls a 2nd tank job...I think he'll be healthy this year and play well enough for us to win a few low scoring games.

My guess is we finish somewhere between bottom 5 and bottom 10
Exactly what we want. Top 5 talent is prefered but Top 10 is obviously better then nothing. + as we saw this year, someone projected 3 can fall to 6 and someone projected 4 can fall to 12.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pronman put out an early top 25 in the Athletic and had another American named Trevor Zegras at third behind Hughes and Kakko.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly what we want. Top 5 talent is prefered but Top 10 is obviously better then nothing. + as we saw this year, someone projected 3 can fall to 6 and someone projected 4 can fall to 12.
I also don't think we NEED to be last place as well. If you look at what the Isles did, they sucked and also got another pick from the Flames. Now they got Dobson and Wahlstrom with those two picks, which is more valuable than the 2nd overall. We should be aiming to do that. Being last place would be nice to, because we would have 1 top 4 pick and maybe another top 12?

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I also don't think we NEED to be last place as well. If you look at what the Isles did, they sucked and also got another pick from the Flames. Now they got Dobson and Wahlstrom with those two picks, which is more valuable than the 2nd overall. We should be aiming to do that. Being last place would be nice to, because we would have 1 top 4 pick and maybe another top 12?

Some day papa Bergy will get us an extra first.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Yes, very much agreed. Im hoping we can finish bottom 10 or anywhere in the lottery. I also hope that if we are doing bad, we flip Patches and other vets who are performing well for picks. Guys we should definitely trade for picks are Patches and Petry. I'd love to get rid of guys like Price and Weber depending on how next seasons goes but it's unrealistic.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Love that USA kid Cole Caufield. Little guy but creates some much offense. RW is not a very strong position for us, or at least RHS.

Reactions: Habs76

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know what is your early scouting report on him, but i see him as a prime Rick Nash. What do you think?

I think that's similar in terms of style. A big rangy kid who can score with some soft hands but isn't known for using their body on the physical side of things.

Reactions: Hannibal

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
My early choice for the next Habs pick is Dylan Cozens, at 6'3" and lots of room to fill out he will be a force to stop, which most will not be able to do. Possibly a nemesis for Rasmus Dahlin the ultimate Defenceman from Sweden, IMHO he will be a great Hab Go Dylan Go!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance: The Dance is on, the Whitehorse native will be front & center all year long.:walrus::walrus::walrus:Forgot to mention he's a RHC, 1st line Type of center as is Kotkaneimi(LHC), the Habs with a 1 & 1A center along with a top flight 2 & 2A center in Poehling/Vejdemo very promising indeed. Evans(RHC) of course is the unknown NHL quantity, can he be a top six center possibly, he may be the biggest surprise this year.

Last edited:

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
He's gonna be a winger at the NHL level just so everyone's clear on that early.
I totally disagree with this. Kid is going to be great on the dot with those hands and you wouldn't be able to move him. Only centre this year that could win a faceoff clean. Almost picked the corner on Gravel numerous times. I can't believe that nobody talks about how hard this kid can shoot the rubber. Breakaway speed is there to. You want this kid in the middle he's week in the corners. I'm pretty sure that Team Canada chose him for the U-18s over Dach. He should play the wing on the powerplay though for his one timer.

Last edited:

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
My early choice for the next Habs pick is Dylan Cozens, at 6'3" and lots of room to fill out he will be a force to stop, which most will not be able to do. Possibly a nemesis for Rasmus Dahlin the ultimate Defenceman from Sweden, IMHO he will be a great Hab Go Dylan Go!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance: The Dance is on, the Whitehorse native will be front & center all year long.:walrus::walrus::walrus:
Cozens is also my favourite. However I'm confused if he is a centre or a winger. My list right now not counting Hughes is probably...
1. Cozens
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Dach
Those are 4 guys I'd love to see us pick.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I totally disagree with this. Kid is going to be great on the dot with those hands and you wouldn't be able to move him. Only centre this year that could win a faceoff clean. Almost picked the corner on Gravel numerous times. I can't believe that nobody talks about how hard this kid can shoot the rubber. Breakaway speed is there to. You want this kid in the middle he's week in the corners. I'm pretty sure that Team Canada chose him for the U-18s over Dach. He should play the wing on the powerplay though for his one timer.
He is way too old. We will see how he does next year but when you look at all the late births for next year, he is definitely near the bottom of the top 10 for my draft board. 10-15 range.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
He is way too old. We will see how he does next year but when you look at all the late births for next year, he is definitely near the bottom of the top 10 for my draft board. 10-15 range.
I don't care where he goes. Was replying to other comment. 10-15 sounds right. Don't know how he will adapt to the new coaches system. Supposed to be more of a defensive mind. Hopefully kid buys in.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Truly hope the Habs gain a couple of late 1st round picks, early this year along with another at the trade deadline. Thus ensuring their abilities to move into position for Dylan Cozens(RHC) & Artemi Knyazev(LHD) giving the Habs both lethal strength at the pivotal positions of Centerice & Defence(Both Sides) & Goaltending for at least a decade. With strength already in RHD's (prospects Brooks & Fleury) Centers (Poehling & Kotkaneimi) LHD's Mete & Alzner + (prospects Walford, Tszyka & Romanov) that's strength. Adding Cozens(RHC) & Knyazev(LHD) to our deep center strength, then adding Knyazev to the LHD Romanov, with veterans Weber, Juulsen, Petry(RHD's) Mete(LHD) the Habs will be strong. Lernout whose skating is another 4-5 RHD IMHO. Another year without playoff's is worth the wait to gain the Elite talent necessary to compete against the Leafs, Panthers, Oilers, Canucks in the very near future.

This should be the intent for the future of the Habs, not losing in the first round next year. Play the young prospects already on the team getting them NHL exposure & big icetime, finishing in the bottom ten. Hoping for lottery luck, if not being in range for both Cozens & Knyazev, then start developing them into starting line players for the 2021/2022 season. Keeping the internal Combine program for Europe as an integral part of Drafting great players. Love the picks this year right the way through the draft, all of these picks can be NHLers if they keep working hard, IMHO!!!...:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia