2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Already looking forward to it.

Will try to make two lists this time: a personnal favorites list (like I did this year) and a "legit" list.

Some of my favorite players for this year:

Grewe (big fan)
Honka (slick D, high end skills)
Dach
Hughes (obviously)
Kakko (pretty much the perfect winger)
Turcotte
Caufield
Pelletier
Lavoie
Pasic
Lundell
Hirvonen
Cozens
Aaltonen
Bjornfot

You gotta love that name at the end, Björnfot is probably of Laplander origin and it means bear foot.
You must be pretty happy with the draft so far?

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Apparently HF deleted my comment... I agree about taking the BPA next year. Whether we are picking 1st or 10th, we should just take the consensus BPA. I pray we pick in the 1-5 range because I adore Hughes and Kakko. Dach also looks very good. The thing about next years projected top 5 is that they are all around 6'4 except Hughes. Kotka and Kakko would be a nasty duo. If we get a LW with a last name that starts with K, we can call them the KKK line.:laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Will be tough to get a team to part with a 1st.

Pretty much. However, we can certainly be that team that drafts within range of a potential first line C. By hook or by crook, we need to be in that position.

Or let's just say we'll be that team by default.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I think next year we should definitely go BPA. We have our centers now. Both Bergevin and Timmins stated post draft that they believe we have 2 future top 6 centerman in Jesperi and Poehling now. And that's not even counting Olofsson, McShane, Hillis, Danault, DLR, Hudon, McCarron, Evans, Vejdemo, Ikonen etc....

I can't disagree more. This draft has only potentially improved the center position. And as much as I love Kotkaniemi's potential, all of the centers that are rated in the top 10 next year appear to have higher ceilings that Kotka. I would LOOOVE the Habs to get Hughes or Dach next year. THEN I would feel better about the Habs center depth.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
MontreNousLaVoieRaphaelLavoie

Ok twas pitiful.

But damn so many good centers next season, and so far, a bit weak dmen wise.

And I think we'll at least be bottom 10 next season, so we should be set at center for a while after that, finally.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
MontreNousLaVoieRaphaelLavoie

Ok twas pitiful.

But damn so many good centers next season, and so far, a bit weak dmen wise.

And I think we'll at least be bottom 10 next season, so we should be set at center for a while after that, finally.

Really depends on Price.

I think we're about as likely to be top 10 as we are to be bottom 10. I'm hoping for another low finish to really get a solid base of young players going.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Really depends on Price.

I think we're about as likely to be top 10 as we are to be bottom 10. I'm hoping for another low finish to really get a solid base of young players going.

We'll know more in a few days.

Wishing your team to tank...I hope folks don't think I like the draft so much I just want early picks for couch potato purposes, lol.

If Lou had taken over the Habs last week, he'd face a huge task to reconfig this team.

The current guy has spent seven years frittering, and probably wants another 3-5.

He faces a monumental task, and I question whether he has the steady hand and stomach for it. Without at least one super draft, And some shrewd puzzle-solving, I just don't see how we get to the top of the mountain.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
We'll know more in a few days.

Wishing your team to tank...I hope folks don't think I like the draft so much I just want early picks for couch potato purposes, lol.

If Lou had taken over the Habs last week, he'd face a huge task to reconfig this team.

The current guy has spent seven years frittering, and probably wants another 3-5.

He faces a monumental task, and I question whether he has the steady hand and stomach for it. Without at least one super draft, And some shrewd puzzle-solving, I just don't see how we get to the top of the mountain.

Short of signing Tavares, I don’t hold much hope in our core moving forward. We still need a few more blue-chips at key positions before making a run for it.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
C - Alex Turcotte

American kid plays for USDP and University of Wisconsin commit. Fun fact, his father has played for the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Montreal Canadiens. His grandfather is Quebecois but has played for Michigan State University.

I think the stars are aligned for this kid to be a Montreal Canadiens next year if he progresses well and becomes a dominant elite center.

Alex Turcotte at eliteprospects.com

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can't disagree more. This draft has only potentially improved the center position. And as much as I love Kotkaniemi's potential, all of the centers that are rated in the top 10 next year appear to have higher ceilings that Kotka. I would LOOOVE the Habs to get Hughes or Dach next year. THEN I would feel better about the Habs center depth.

Dach, Kotka, Poehling. Now that's a sick center corp. Big too.

Anyone else can be moved to wing.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Dach, Kotka, Poehling. Now that's a sick center corp. Big too.

Anyone else can be moved to wing.

Having too many skilled centers isn’t a problem to me. Like you said, we can move guys to wing, whereas it hasn’t worked out great for us the other way (wings to C).

Dach, Coke and Poehling down the middle though is going to give teams fits to match up against us.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know Dach's ranked in the later part of the top 10 for now, but I think we'll be needing one of the lottery picks when it's all said and done.

If he keeps progressing, how many teams will pass up a 6'4" skilled center ?

Hughes, Kakko and Dach, that's my most probable top 3 at the moment.

In other words, we really need to suck this year.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Having too many skilled centers isn’t a problem to me. Like you said, we can move guys to wing, whereas it hasn’t worked out great for us the other way (wings to C).

Dach, Coke and Poehling down the middle though is going to give teams fits to match up against us.

Yup. One more bad year & we could have a new talented forward core & one of the best center situations in the NHL.

We'll see. I think Dach & Hughes go 1/2. And, I can see us falling into the 8-12 range, which means we'd need to luck out like Philadelphia, New Jersey & Carolina did.

We'll see how much depth the draft has as the year goes along.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I know Dach's ranked in the later part of the top 10 for now, but I think we'll be needing one of the lottery picks when it's all said and done.

If he keeps progressing, how many teams will pass up a 6'4" skilled center ?

Hughes, Kakko and Dach, that's my most probable top 3 at the moment.

In other words, we really need to suck this year.
I also expect Lavoie to be a big time riser for the next draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille