Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My dream for the draft would be ending up with a top 5 pick as well as taking Brett Leason with our early 2nd rounder. Seems like Leason might be ready to jump into the NHL next season (or the AHL at very least). Combine adding a guy like him and Smith, with the top 5 pick coming in the year after and that's a quick way to boost the rebuild. Hell, I'd even package our 2nd+3rd or whatever it takes to move up and take Leason if it looks like he would go in the late 1st. He's a big, gritty, skilled guy who is pretty fast as well.

You want NJ to trade up to draft Gritty? Aside from the fact that he is a hallucinogenic nightmare walking around in our reality isn’t he already PHI property?

Reactions: nugg

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Is Hughes a play driver, franchise player or just a pretty good first line guy?

I hear from everyone that he's really good but idk he doesn't impress me (but that's probably a lot due to the kind of player he is). He's also tiny, which is a concern especially with this team.

edit: ok he did game some weight but he's still pretty light.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Hughes plays exactly like barzal. Amazing skater and playmaking ability. He can dance through the whole team but he needs to improve his shot. Put him with a pure sniper and it’s a nightmare for opponents

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Let's get another larger forward like PZ instead of a guy like Barzal.

This post is nothing short of a head scratcher :huh:.

If Kakko was NA, he would be the clear cut #1 prospect entering the draft. Hughes has done absolutely nothing to warrant the #1 spot for that long.

His numbers aren't all that great and like I said previously, the only reason he's at the top ATM is because of the position he plays.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Likely he’s pointing out the folly of drafting for need or a particular trait over BPA.
I guess, but I wasn't really trying to imply that I like Kakko more for "particular traits or need", I just don't see much of a gap between the two. The fact that kakko has qualities I like more does help sure. Also kakko is currently doing quite well in liiga. Anyways, like the poster earlier wrote, we shall see how much Hughes separates himself at the WJC or vice versa.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I guess, but as of right now, I don't see a big gap between Hughes and Kakko. When you're drafting #1 or #2 I think it's ok to go for some preferences, in this case some size and goal scoring. Like the poster earlier wrote, we shall see how much Hughes separates himself at the WJC or vice versa.

My own preference would be for the play driving center and hopefully NJ scouts can just find the BPA whenever NJ picks. Despite lots of criticism of McLeod, NJ has hit on two of the last three first rounders so I’m optimistic they can do so again.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i just want to draft a forward who can actually put the puck in the net for once. i don’t care if they are a train wreck defensively, that can be fixed by development or linemates.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
My own preference would be for the play driving center and hopefully NJ scouts can just find the BPA whenever NJ picks. Despite lots of criticism of McLeod, NJ has hit on two of the last three first rounders so I’m optimistic they can do so again.

My preference is someone who knows how to position himself to get the best scoring chances. There's only so much 1 person can do if the other 4 players just stand in the same spot waiting for the pass (or in some cases, they happen to be in a good spot but then they whiff on the shot).

i just want to draft a forward who can actually put the puck in the net for once. i don’t care if they are a train wreck defensively, that can be fixed by development or linemates.

It can also be fixed by coaching, o wait we don't really have that :popcorn: on a serious note, i hope we get a new coaching staff soon.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
3rd try

Screenshot_20181204-160710.png

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
this will probably change before the draft, but if we’re lucky enough to pick first or second i’d take kakko...although i don’t think he’s 6’4

I agree, I think Hughes is fantastic but so is Kakko and he is more of player that can create space with his skill/speed/size to get off a great chance and can create for others. As of now I have Kakko slightly over Hughes.

Reactions: dk3790

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Tedenby 2.0! :laugh: I actually liked him, but that was a level of defensive incompetence that I don't think can be fixed.

Reactions: MartyOwns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad