Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I like both players a lot.

Speed is one thing but I value hockey IQ more so then speed and that's probably why I would give the edge to Dach but again, it's just a personal opinion. Going with one or the other wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Good to hear

Safe to say Cozens’ IQ is still pretty good considering he can play C and you’d still like the pick?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Byram,Lavoie,Broberg,Suzuki based on where I think we will be drafting. 8-14th
With the play the team currently has put out?

Wed be drafting 1st to 5th, very easily I might add.

The team has won 5 in 19 and only now have started showing feelings of dejection. It will get worse before it gets better.

Hughes or Kakko please

Reactions: Scooooooooooooot

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
How high do we need to be in the draft to secure a legit second line scoring center? I think Zacha is the ideal replacement for Zajac when he moves on as Pav is already very good defensively and Nico slots as the first line center obviously. Top 10 or do we need top 5 for a pick like that?

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
How high do we need to be in the draft to secure a legit second line scoring center? I think Zacha is the ideal replacement for Zajac when he moves on as Pav is already very good defensively and Nico slots as the first line center obviously. Top 10 or do we need top 5 for a pick like that?

I’d want top 5 to be certain. I wouldn’t write of Zacha as just a 3C just yet. I wouldn’t pencil him into any position higher, but I’d wait until the end of the season to see how his play continues and grows.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
This draft is actually pretty center heavy, which means we may be able to get an elite winger, or d-man. But that really depends on where we end up though. Remember, never draft for need.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
This draft is actually pretty center heavy, which means we may be able to get an elite winger, or d-man. But that really depends on where we end up though. Remember, never draft for need.

always draft the C over the Winger if the players are close IMO

I agree though, need to go BPA, especially if we are picking as high as it looks like we might be

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
If they win a lottery slot I hope they get Kakko he looks unreal, but I think Byram would be the best fit for their team, could be another one of these D that go early and are top 4 or even top 2 by 19-20 years old which I think they need.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Any chance the Devils could acquire a second 1st? Maybe Johansson to a contender, I seem to remember lesser players returning a 1st at previous deadlines. Assuming the team winds up getting a high pick, it would be great to grab a top forward and maybe shoot for someone like Harley later in the round.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Boyle was traded for a 2nd and a prospect at the 2017 deadline. Maybe he goes for something similar this year?

There are always players who go for way more than you would think. Some team will want Lovejoy at the deadline, I would bet.

Reactions: MichaelJ

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Wouldnt be shocked to see boyle get a 2nd again as long as he pots a few more before the deadline. Lovejoy I could see going for as high as a 3rd he's well liked around the league

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Any chance the Devils could acquire a second 1st? Maybe Johansson to a contender, I seem to remember lesser players returning a 1st at previous deadlines. Assuming the team winds up getting a high pick, it would be great to grab a top forward and maybe shoot for someone like Harley later in the round.

There were some crazy returns for players last year if I remember correctly so I wouldn’t be surprised. Marjo also screams the type of player that will leave our team and immediately start putting up points if put in the right situation, so I could see GMs willing to pay up for him.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Then if the Devils are still sucking wind, sell ‘em all. They absolutely could use additional 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks for Shero/Castron to work with. That’s a lot of flexibility for draft day.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
if I am being realistic:

Boyle- 3rd
Johansson- 2nd
Lovejoy- 5th
I think Lovejoy can get a fourth if the team needs a steady bottom pair vet

But thats just nitpicking. I think hes a bit undervalued in terms of just being generally solid. Obviously nobody likes it when he shoots in the ozone though

Johansson getting a second would surprise me - idk if he gets that much unless he picks it up big time

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
My dream for the draft would be ending up with a top 5 pick as well as taking Brett Leason with our early 2nd rounder. Seems like Leason might be ready to jump into the NHL next season (or the AHL at very least). Combine adding a guy like him and Smith, with the top 5 pick coming in the year after and that's a quick way to boost the rebuild. Hell, I'd even package our 2nd+3rd or whatever it takes to move up and take Leason if it looks like he would go in the late 1st. He's a big, gritty, skilled guy who is pretty fast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad