2019 NHL Draft, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
This is the worst lineup I’ve ever seen created in HF. Quite the accomplishment M2B
Yes, let's scorn poster M2B for building such a garbage NHL team, and wasting tens of millions of dollars on absolutely useless, junk players. It's certainly his fault, since he is the GM of the Vancouver Canucks.

Get your act together M2B, NHL free agency isn't a charity drive for unwanted 30+ year olds.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Yes, let's scorn poster M2B for building such a garbage NHL team, and wasting tens of millions of dollars on absolutely useless, junk players. It's certainly his fault, since he is the GM of the Vancouver Canucks.

Get your act together M2B, NHL free agency isn't a charity drive for unwanted 30+ year olds.
So it makes sense to have Loui, Spooner and Schaller in the lineup over Roussel and Pearson? Far to early to be day drinking Tryamkin

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Q & A with Canucks scouting director Judd Brackett

Let me try and sum this up:

• They have a top-12 list
  • Judd thinks it's a strong draft (dunno if that's just a platitude)
  • Contrary to upper management's fetish for making dreadful player comparisons, Judd uses player comps very conservatively
  • Discussions are underway as to how they're going to differentiate similar players in our range (and if I'm reading into this, I see some of the best pure goalscorers are there in Caufield and Kaliyev. Maybe they're trying to figure out Krebs vs. Zegras. Or Soderstrom vs. Broberg. YMMV)
  • Volatility is expected and Judd thinks there's a "great chance" the team will draft a player they've ranked higher than #10
  • Team will go BPA for at least round 1 (and "early" in the draft), consider drafting for need later

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So it makes sense to have Loui, Spooner and Schaller in the lineup over Roussel and Pearson? Far to early to be day drinking Tryamkin
You have to remember Donny that Roussell is still injured til December or January

Pearson Pettersson Boeser
Eriksson Horvat Caulfield
Leivo Sutter Gaudette
Spooner Beagle Virtanen
Schaller

Still YUCK. Blame or blame the management team bub

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
You have to remember Donny that Roussell is still injured til December or January

Pearson Pettersson Boeser
Eriksson Horvat Caulfield
Leivo Sutter Gaudette
Spooner Beagle Virtanen
Schaller

Still YUCK. Blame or blame the management team bub
Aquilini wants playoffs at all costs. Spooner and Schaller won’t be on the team. I also find it very unlikely Loui is as well. Like it or not, they are going to push for the playoffs

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
Why would you draft for need in any round? Draft the player you think its most likely to make an impact

Reactions: MS

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Aquilini wants playoffs at all costs. Spooner and Schaller won’t be on the team. I also find it very unlikely Loui is as well. Like it or not, they are going to push for the playoffs
Too much junk that needs to be off the team. Get rid of Eriksson Sutter Spooner Beagle Schaller

XX Pettersson Boeser
XX Horvat XX
Leivo Gaudette Pearson
XX XX Virtanen

Still a lotta holes Donny boy

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why would you draft for need in any round? Draft the player you think its most likely to make an impact

As dumb as it is to draft for need high in the draft, it’s even dumber lower in the draft.

Literally every pick rounds 3-7 should be one of 4 types of player :

1) skilled productive player rated down in the draft because they’re small.

2) skilled productive player rated down in the draft because they’re slow.

3) skilled productive player rated down in the draft because they were passed over in a previous draft.

4) high-IQ defenders with good ES production who are rated down in the draft because they didn’t rack up PP points.

If a player doesn’t fit one of these categories ... bad pick. And you take the best option who fits these categories regardless of position.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think its crazy that there COULD be so many players available at our pick at 10 cause i think theres only 4 GUARANTEES who will not be available : Hughes Kakko Byram Turcotte. And probably Dach and Cozens will be gone too which means will get one of, and IMO order:

Boldy
Caulfield
Heinola
Krebs
Podkozlin
Zegres
Soderstrom

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I think its crazy that there COULD be so many players available at our pick at 10 cause i think theres only 4 GUARANTEES who will not be available : Hughes Kakko Byram Turcotte. And probably Dach and Cozens will be gone too which means will get one of, and IMO order:

Boldy
Caulfield
Heinola
Krebs
Podkozlin
Zegres
Soderstrom

If Podkolzin is there at 10, I’ll eat a sock. If he’s there after I’ve eaten the sock and we DONT pick him, I might stop watching this team altogether.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If Podkolzin is there at 10, I’ll eat a sock. If he’s there after I’ve eaten the sock and we DONT pick him, I might stop watching this team altogether.
Yeah he could go at 3. Some analysts have him after 10 as well. He could always bolt back to Russia. Id stay away as theres so many great options available at 10

Reactions: DonnyNucker

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
What do you like about Podkolzin? I want nothing to do with him and I hope he is long gone by 10.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
I mean, it makes no sense to have that trio on anyone's NHL team in the first place, let alone paying them a combined 11 million per year. But here we are.

Anyways, on topic. There are gonna be some real solid players available for us at 10.

I also see Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, Dach as almost certainly gone in the first 9 picks. Then Podkolzin and Cozens very likely to be gone as well. That leaves Krebs, Boldy, Zegras, Caufield, Soderstrom and Heinola, so at least 4 of them should be available. at this point, I would be happy with Caufield, Boldy or Heinola, and fine with the other 3.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
What do you like about Podkolzin? I want nothing to do with him and I hope he is long gone by 10.

I think he is the most translatable skill in the draft. That being said, he’s not who I’d pick. I just don’t believe he’ll be there at 10. Like in the slightest. And if he’s still on the board and we don’t pick him, I think that’s a massive massive mistake.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I think he is the most translatable skill in the draft. That being said, he’s not who I’d pick. I just don’t believe he’ll be there at 10. Like in the slightest. And if he’s still on the board and we don’t pick him, I think that’s a massive massive mistake.
This is hilarious as I think he is the least translatable out of all of the top 15. Just goes to show how widely everyone’s opinions vary with this draft. Guys strikes me as a beer league player who has his head down and constantly try’s moves that won’t work against the NHL comp. He has size and some tools but not much else. Just hope he is gone so a better player drops. Also, the Russian factor is another huge strike against him

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Kakko is the most translatable skill in the draft. He’ll walk into the NHL next year and score 25-30 goals.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

People said that about vimard
Benning won't take podkolzin even at 10.

I’ve read more then 2 places now (no links) that he will be in Russia for at least another 2 years, so for that particular reason we don’t take him is fine.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
boldy has a far far higher IQ, a better shot and is a superior playmaker. A much better prospect imo. Podkolzin is certainly polarizing
Boldy has a higher IQ and better vision, yes, but I don't think the difference is that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad