2019 NHL Draft, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
There are a lot of players in the Top 15 that I would love to have to be honest. Imagine how big a difference it'd make to our prospect pool and future if we could pick another 1st in that range.

Walking away with Heinola/Soderstrom and Caufield/Boldy/Brink would be huuuge.

That would require adding picks, which is apparently unheard of to our management.

But yah, one of each in those groups would be an incredible haul from the draft. Add someone like Kokkonen in the 2nd round too.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
That would require adding picks, which is apparently unheard of to our management.

But yah, one of each in those groups would be an incredible haul from the draft. Add someone like Kokkonen in the 2nd round too.
Maybe 3rd round, there's a lot better I feel at 40 that will be available than Kokkonen

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Yep, being 10th we're in a spot where guys we like may have a great U18 and move themselves out of our reach.
Thereby displacing other players previously ranked higher than 10th. Players in the 1st round performing well and improving their stock harms no one.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Maybe 3rd round, there's a lot better I feel at 40 that will be available than Kokkonen

I've seen him as high as 30 on some lists.

His production is extremely good for a draft-eligible in SM-Liiga. Playing regular minutes in a pro-men's league is always a good sign for a draft-eligible.

Reactions: timw33

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
The first two followed by Cozens Dach Zegras Turcotte Boldy Byram Podkolzin

I dont see anyone there slipping out of the top 9 unless someone really likes Caufield...or if a team wants to draft a D then they'd take Soderstrom

there will for sure have surprises in the top 10, teams always value center/defenceman higher than wingers.

I actually see Podkolzin dropping if he doesn't have a strong U18

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
I'm officially on the Cole Caufield train, I want him 10th overall. Undersized players are the new NHL. They said Petey was undersized, they said Quinn was undersized. The kid is an elite shooter, I want him on Bo's wing in the future.

CanucksSTM

Mar 8, 2018
I'm wondering if the Canucks should attempt to trade up and take Caufield and Boldy back to back. Current linemates, top 6 players. Wonder what it would take.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I'm wondering if the Canucks should attempt to trade up and take Caufield and Boldy back to back. Current linemates, top 6 players. Wonder what it would take.

We do not have the assets for a top 10 pick. At least nothing we would be willing to part with. There isn't a combination of assets outside of EP, Boeser,Hughes or Horvat that would get a top 10 pick. Unless your willing to trade an unprotected first + +

Reactions: Regular David Bruce

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
This team has been so mismanaged that there really isn't much ammo to trade for a Top 10 pick. Teams aren't going to want a quarter and a pair of nickels for a dollar. If we had extra 1sts, extra 2nds, and deeper group of prospects we could probably swing something but sadly that's not the case.

Just take whichever one is left at 10 or trade up a few spots if you really like one of them.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

I posted this in another thread, but it really applies here.

We have very little to trade. Assume EP Boeser Horvat and Hughes are untouchable. Virtanen and Juolevi would not garner what they are really worth. Edler is not agreeing to a trade. The only bits that really could have value, and we could afford to lose, are Tanev and either Markstrom or Demko. Can't see them being worth much, And FFS stop trading draft picks to bring marginal players that we then sign to contracts that are too long and overpaid. Maybe Gaudette, hutton and or stecher ... but the reality is that a decent addition is going to be costly.

That said, perhaps our 2nd, 2020 2nd and someone like Hutton would get us a shot at 11th. If they are still available. Which I doubt, I think they will both be gone with the way they are playing at the U18's.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Turcotte
6. Cozens
7. Caufield
8. Dach
9. Zegras
10. Boldy
11. Krebs

Chances are we’ll end up with one of these guys.

Irritating that we played ourselves out of a 7/8 hole where it would be virtually guaranteed.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I heard from Flyers fans that they heard their pick is definitely available and being shopped.

Virtanen/Gaudette+Hutton/Tanev+2nd 2019+2020 for 11th overall?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Podkolzin
5. Turcotte
6. Cozens
7. Caufield
8. Dach
9. Zegras
10. Boldy
11. Krebs

Chances are we’ll end up with one of these guys.

Irritating that we played ourselves out of a 7/8 hole where it would be virtually guaranteed.
I am sure Chicago is pretty happy they continued to battle to the end.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I heard from Flyers fans that they heard their pick is definitely available and being shopped.

Virtanen/Gaudette+Hutton/Tanev+2nd 2019+2020 for 11th overall?
Holy overpayment Batman...You can hit on a truly elite like Kopitar around the 10-12 ,but there's generally a lot of mediocrity as well.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
And yes to acquiring another top 12 pick.

Tanev virtanen + a pick, value wise should be enough for that 11th oa. Just depends what flyers needs are

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->