Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft Lottery: Meet me at the corner of Disappointment and 10th (5:00 p.m. PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I've been thinking about how likely it is that Benning will trade for 1stOA too. I have a feeling ownership will push for this and if we don't move up in the lottery I can see Benning trade:

1st 2019
1st 2020
Bo Horvat

This takes care of the logjam at center with Jack Hughes coming in so center depth going forward will look like this:

Hughes
Sutter
Gaudette
Beagle

I'm not saying I like this set up but you can see it happening for all the wrong reasons. It also takes care of the Captain question as well. I just pray i'm wrong...

What happened to Pettersson in that scenario?

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I've been saying that Aquilini will demand Benning trade up and draft Hughes at all costs.
I can see us offering our 1st + 2020 1st + Demko + Virtanen+Gaudette/Madden. Really will be interesting to see who wins the lottery.
All depends on who wins the lotto.But realistically not many first over alls are traded.I don't think your far off tho as to what a team would ask for tho for the 1st over all.Its a lot.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
It's going to take a massive overpayment for the Canucks' to move up to 1st overall and Jack Hughes simply isn't worth it, he's not a generational talent. I imagine it would take Boeser/Horvat, our 1st and another solid piece for any team drafting 1st overall to drop.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
Haha... no.

Madden and Gaudette are huge parts of the future and so is Demko...

Virtanen and the 1st I could see...

I would say it's not enough. A 6-12 first this year and a mid first next year doesn't get you close. The rest of the pieces in the proposal are quantity offerings and not quality for a 1OA.

LovemyNucks' two firsts and Horvat is a lot more accurate of what it would actually take.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
He's very likely to go there at this point but to me it's really weird that seemingly no one in the media thinks it's really close when Kakko is killing it against men.

Kakko should be the consensus #1 at this point imo

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Byram is such a beauty. Were trading up to get him.

The question is which team that will be drafting ahead of us can afford to pass on a # 1D potential player.

Lol answer should be done.

Maybe if Nashville was there or Tampa?

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Benning (2): so the next day, I woke up and did it ten times, and we picked #1 three times out of ten, so that gave me more hope

That is what a degenerate gambler would say. When the odds stay the same, a person's hope should not increase or decrease. Does he flip coins on draft day? My scouts tell me to pick Q. Hughes, heads we pick em, tails we don't, best of 3 flips. 2 heads 1 tail. We'll pick Q. Hughes

Reactions: Szechwan

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Were too far out to win the lottery this year and last nights win was a disaster, completely unnecessary crap i cant believe it, I think we lost that game last night, got cleaned out by the Sharks, and end the year losing to Nashville and even the Blues lol we would be a lottery contending team and based on losing such great odds the last couple a years wed have a HUGE chance to win it this year, but now, no aint happening, cause were gonna be around 8th 9th last place so NOT A CHANCE

You don't understand statistics, do you?

That 1 win may have moved us from 1 chance in 15 of winning down to 1 chance in 20.

Even Col only has one chance in 5.5 .

Where we are right now, we have about a 16% chance of moving up (one in 6) 50% chance of staying 9th, and 30% chance of 10th.

Reactions: Jimnastic

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Is Hughes really a lock for #1?
I'd say 75%-80%. I don't think he's a 100% lock, more of Matt Tkachuk at #5 type lock, we took Olli. Another one, almost everyone had Puljujärvi at #3, CBJ passed on him for PLD. It does sometimes happen.

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
A realistic stunner of a move would be to trade for the number two pick, and make a deal with number one to take Kakko instead of Jack. Shouldn't take too much to get #1 to leave Jack. That would let us put the Quinn brothers together.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
A realistic stunner of a move would be to trade for the number two pick, and make a deal with number one to take Kakko instead of Jack. Shouldn't take too much to get #1 to leave Jack. That would let us put the Quinn brothers together.

Or we take Kakko. Who I think might be better.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
kakkos scoring at a higher rate than laine did in the finish league... hes also listed at like 6'3 200lbs vs hughes @ 5'10 168

i love hughes tho

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Does it really matter where we draft? Benning is still probably going to be our GM so there is not going to be an major improvement to the future of our team.

Reactions: THE Green Man

The Rainman

May 7, 2007
Vancouver
I think now is the time to seriously consider what it could realistically cost to get our first ever first round pick in front of the hometown crowd.

It might save Benning's job for a while, but I'd take it for Hughes.

Our first, Boeser, Demko... what else? I'd throw in next years first too if we had too.
That's why you're your sitting in Chillbillyville!

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I love that the lottery is early this year. We get to find out our fate early, and then tirelessly debate who we should draft until we hate all the choices in different ways.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Canucks LB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad