2019 NHL Draft, #LoseForHughes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Canucks need to make the playoffs next year. The Family demands it

if they do not Benning is gone. so keep in mind that Benning has his career in the NHL on the line. Also the Family wants a splash for the 50th anniversary season.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Canucks need to make the playoffs next year. The Family demands it

if they do not Benning is gone. so keep in mind that Benn has his career in the NHL on the line. Also the Family wants a splash for the 50th anniversary season.

Why next year? Why not look back at what he has already done and can him?

Seems a rather arbitrary deadline. It’s as if everything he’s done throughout is meaningless.

Reactions: mathonwy

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I could see the Canucks chasing after PK Subban. say the 10 to 14th to Nashville for Subban and Nashville 1st round pick 25 to 31 in 2019 draft.

this would do Nasville a huge favor as they need a spot for Dante Fabbro and cap space for Roman Josi

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I could see the Canucks chasing after PK Subban. say the 10 to 14th to Nashville for Subban and Nashville 1st round pick 25 to 31 in 2019 draft.

this would do Nasville a huge favor as they need a spot for Dante Fabbro and cap space for Roman Josi
That's horrible for Nashville lol.

#1 d-man to move up 10-15 spots in the 1st round?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
No one wants to work for the family and Benning has really only a two year contract after 19/20 his third year is a option

I could then see Weisbrod taking over

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
That's horrible for Nashville lol.

#1 d-man to move up 10-15 spots in the 1st round?

They are tired of Subban and want to clear the $9 million per year cap hit they need a spot for Fabbro and pay Josi who is a UFA after 19/20 and only makes $4 million

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They are tired of Subban and want to clear the $9 million per year cap hit they need a spot for Fabbro and pay Josi who is a UFA after 19/20 and only makes $4 million

Evidence of this?

Even if they were, he is worth a **** load more than moving up 10-15 spots in the first round.

This would be horrible asset management. Like the worst. Teams would be lining up for Subban if he were made available. He is not a cap dump.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
No one wants to work for the family and Benning has really only a two year contract after 19/20 his third year is a option

I could then see Weisbrod taking over

The family doesn't seem very bright

Imagine going from Dim Jim to the Snake Oil salesmen

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Subban was a Norris finalist last season. Stop talking out of your ass man

It is just my opinion so relax buddy. they came close to getting Subban back in 2016..... if PLD as there at #5 they had a deal it with Montreal hey it may even be Dougie Hamilton or Dante Fabbro. but Vancouver need lots of help on the right side of the defence. and the want to make the playoffs next year. and you better believe the family wants a splash for the 50th year anniversary

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
In my opnion whether it is Vancouver or another team . I believe that Nashville will take another run at the cup and if it does not work out will unload Subban it may or may not be Vancouver

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
In my opnion whether it is Vancouver or another team . I believe that Nashville will take another run at the cup and if it does not work out will unload Subban it may or may not be Vancouver
Can you explain why you think they will trade Subban? This has to be more than a cup run not working out.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Good article here:

2019 NHL Draft: Jeremy’s Winter Rankings

...It means that Krebs will likely continue to play for a subpar team and will subsequently be dealing with muted numbers and no playoff run heading toward the draft.

Ryan Suzuki, meanwhile,...Ryan shares many of the qualities that make his older brother a special prospect. Extraordinary levels of playmaking and intelligence set him apart from the rest of his OHL brethren, and his skating and shooting aren’t far behind.

Jeremy is low on Zegras (19th), but has Krebs 6th and Suzuki 7th. Turcotte is ranked 17th.

Suzuki is a good skater, playmaker, has high IQ and possesses a decent shot. He's weak though. That's what I think holds him back. He's also a perimeter player. I'm OK with this though because he does everything else well.

Krebs has me guessing. I remember when Scheifele was held back in Barrie. He put up 75 points in 66 games, going -22. Krebs has 47 points in 39 games and is a -35. O'Reilly too put up 66 points in 68 games. Decent to good production on bad teams. Seems like Krebs is undervalued.

Last edited:

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Good article here:

Jeremy is low on Zegras (19th), but has Krebs 6th and Suzuki 7th in his top10. Turcotte is ranked 17th as well.

Suzuki is a good skater, playmaker, has high IQ and possesses a decent shot. He's weak though. That's what I think holds him back. He's also a perimeter player. I'm OK with this though because he does everything well.

Krebs has me guessing. I remember when Scheifele was held back in Barrie. He put up 75 points in 66 games, going -22. Krebs has 47 points in 39 games and is a -35. O'Reilly too put up 66 points in 68 games. Decent to good production on bad teams. Seems like Krebs is undervalued.

I've wanted Krebs for awhile given where we are likely to draft.

Been highly touted going into the season but has dropped off due to the team he plays for and everything going on with it.

Would look Real Gud on EP or Bo's LW.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Good article here:

Krebs has that play making ability as a winger, IMO, that would jive well with the type of Cs we have, clearly more of a Daniel and less of a Henrik group we have. I think with Krebs more value is going to have to come more from the eye test than numbers in comparison to the rest of the prospects.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Krebs is faster than any of the other players being discussed, like not even close. Kid can flat out fly, Dylan Larkin type speed.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Drafting Byram would be a phenomenal get.

If Juolevi can still put together top-4 potential (optimistic, but we'll see), Juolevi/Byram/Hughes is a great d-core to build around.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
PK Subban has an argument for being a top 5 defenseman in the NHL. We're not going to get a player like that just by swapping first rounders with Nashville.

That said, Fabbro should be a target for Benning. A competitive team like Nashville is not going to want to replace one of their top 4 with a rookie, especially when they're gunning for a Cup. If Fabbro wants to play now, Nashville is going to have a hard time finding room for him and the Canucks can take advantage of that.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Could definitely see the Canucks targeting Byram if they don’t finish in Top 5(maybe Top 10ish) territory. Picking the locally born and raised product who also fills and organizational need with the draft on home turf ticks a lot of boxes.

Isnt that why we drafted Virtanen?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Could definitely see the Canucks targeting Byram if they don’t finish in Top 5(maybe Top 10ish) territory. Picking the locally born and raised product who also fills and organizational need with the draft on home turf ticks a lot of boxes.
If were not a lottery winner and we pass this guy it will be a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad