2019 NHL Draft, #LoseForHughes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
All I am saying is if they pick between 10 to 14 do not be surprised if they trade it away for badly needed defence help. I do believe they will keep the pick if it is a top ten pick . The Canucks want to win asap. it is a mandate from the Family

that is common knowledge

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
The Canucks will pull out all the stops to make the playoffs next year.

it is all about business ...... long term ...... it is not about getting two playoff games. it is about much more then that

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Canucks will pull out all the stops to make the playoffs next year.

it is all about business ...... long term ...... it is not about getting two playoff games. it is about much more then that

Such as?

Hard to see this team getting more than 2 home games even if they do make it next year.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Even if they keep the 2019 1st round and pick a player. I could easily see them trading there 2020 1st round pick at the draft to secure that defenceman they are looking for.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Even if they keep the 2019 1st round and pick a player. I could easily see them trading there 2020 1st round pick at the draft to secure that defenceman they are looking for.

Ok, that's crazy. Was the OTT lesson not enough?

Even if they top10 protect the pick, they stand to be lambasted league wide if it goes sour. Well, more than they already have been.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Such as?

Hard to see this team getting more than 2 home games even if they do make it next year.

it is about so much then that. it is long term health of the business

1) TV Contract with Sportsnet expires after the 2022-23 NHL season and numbers are half of what they use to be - Canucks get $25 million dollars per year

2) Naming rights for the building expire after next year - Rodgers pays them $6 million per year now

3) The Canucks are building a complex at False Creek

4) They want to build another Sports Bar restaurant in downtown Vancouver.

The Canuck need to start winning to maximize the revenues so it is not just about two playoff games.

people on this forum need to think big picture

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
All I am saying is if they pick between 10 to 14 do not be surprised if they trade it away for badly needed defence help. I do believe they will keep the pick if it is a top ten pick . The Canucks want to win asap. it is a mandate from the Family

that is common knowledge
Its common knowledge..?..A mandate from the family?..How do you know this..?..Are you a family friend of the Aqualini's?...Your hot tips are the farthest thing from reliable...Remember this doozy;

"Jim Benning and John Wiesbroud will not have there contracts renewed. you can take that to the bank

Ken Holland if the family has there way. Mike Futa if Trevor Linden has his way .

this whole we need to keep Jim around because he is a great scout etc. is holding no water. Judd Brackett is a star in the making I can see him getting a push up the ranks again this just me talking out loud" Canucksfan75

Or this one:

"Jim is on his last year of his deal. so he is a lame duck gm as is weisbrod.

Ryan Johnson is being groomed and Judd Brackett is really moving up the ranks

Trevor Linden is very safe."

The worst part are the gullible lackeys that guzzle down these two bit rumours as fact...

Last edited:
Reactions: VIPettersson

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Did you quote the ones I was correct on :) . The Botchford and Iain McIntyre's of the worlds say that making the playoffs is something the Aquilini want.

Trevor got fired cause he wanted to strip it down and told Aquilini that it would take 3 or 4 years to be completive again.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
If Trevor did not come forward with telling Aquilini that it would take 3 or 4 years before the Canucks would be able to compete. Benning and Weisbroud would be gone. I still say in my opnion that if the Canucks do not make the playoffs next year Benning will be fired and it would not shock me to see Weisbroud and Ryan Johnson moving up.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
The Family would love to have a big name running the team - Ken Holland etc.

but working for the Family usually does not end well. Word has gotten around the league. why because when the Canucks do not make the playoffs. bad things happen to management. which proves my point making the playoffs are a priority for the Family

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If Trevor did not come forward with telling Aquilini that it would take 3 or 4 years before the Canucks would be able to compete. Benning and Weisbroud would be gone. I still say in my opnion that if the Canucks do not make the playoffs next year Benning will be fired and it would not shock me to see Weisbroud and Ryan Johnson moving up.
Opinions are great, but talking like you have insider information when you actually dont..usually does not end well...ie "take it to the bank"

Reactions: VIPettersson

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Family would love to have a big name running the team - Ken Holland etc.

but working for the Family usually does not end well. Word has gotten around the league. why because when the Canucks do not make the playoffs. bad things happen to management. which proves my point making the playoffs are a priority for the Family

Why did you say Ken Holland? Someone here is not going to like that...

I agree, word has gotten around the league on the family. Too much meddling. The media knows, the fans know.

But one question: If the playoffs were the priority, why wasn't Benning fired for missing for 3 seasons?

Reactions: THE Green Man

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
was it canuckfan75 that had the inside scoop on Canucks taking Juolevi?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Got mentioned a few pages ago but I'd have no problem shipping out a ~12th pick for Hamilton (or any other similar aged RD).

Given where we are, I'm basically just hoping for one of Dach, Leason, Cozens, Kaliyev or Zegras to be available in the 10-15 range.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
was it canuckfan75 that had the inside scoop on Canucks taking Juolevi?
Well lets see...they (Linden and Benning) telegraphed the fact they wanted to select a dman before the draft that year...You dont need an insider tip off to deduce that.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Well lets see...they (Linden and Benning) telegraphed the fact they wanted to select a dman before the draft that year...You dont need an insider tip off to deduce that.

lmao are you suggesting that the Juolevi pick was obvious? if so I'd have to think the return on betting Juolevi would be less than to 4 to 1

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
That is ok I am a peaceful guy. I will keep my " opnions" to myself. going forward clearly me doing this for some reason upsets a few of the more knowledgeable posters who provide us with so much insight. so by all means gentleman or ladies the floor is yours.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Got mentioned a few pages ago but I'd have no problem shipping out a ~12th pick for Hamilton (or any other similar aged RD).

Given where we are, I'm basically just hoping for one of Dach, Leason, Cozens, Kaliyev or Zegras to be available in the 10-15 range.

Hamilton seems to be a head case . only 1 year in Carolina and he is being shown the door?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
so I am curious how would the board react if they traded away the 2019 1st say 10-14 for like a PK Subban or the 2020 1st round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->