Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft, Day Two

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Well I think other than losing the third round pick in a trade we probably didn’t need to really give up anything this is a pretty good draft

Like podz
Love hogs
Like keppen
Mostly meh about the test
Malone is my dark horse

Why no defenseman though

Reactions: Nucker101

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Going to Cornell next season.

Not ideal. A bit of that Harvard/Ivy factor where you might get a guy who takes his full 4 years and walks as a FA. But ehhh...cross that bridge if you come to it.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Not ideal. A bit of that Harvard/Ivy factor where you might get a guy who takes his full 4 years and walks as a FA. But ehhh...cross that bridge if you come to it.
If you lose a 6th round pick via NCAA free agency that is almost still a win as most do not even make the league

Reactions: biturbo19

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Malone is a good pick, I think. Production is strong, best U18, 5 on 5 scorer in the USHL that isn't NTDP, after Brink. USHL kid, Brackett pick. Going to Cornell is kind of concerning, their roster looks bad for next season.

Plasek seems to be doing better than Jasek in his D+1. More games in the Czech top league and points. Plasek has been a top player for a while because he's played for Czech at U17, U18, and U20. I'm sure there's footage of him archived somewhere.

I like these more than Focht.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If you lose a 6th round pick via NCAA free agency that is almost still a win as most do not even make the league

Yeah. Pretty much. It'd be better if he was going elsewhere, but really a "first world problem" if he pans out good enough for that to even be a concern.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
They really hate this draft class

Ironically its the most picks the team has ever had under Jim IIRC

I guess that poster was right years ago stating that less draft picks meant Benning could focus more on who he wants :sarcasm:

Reactions: Hansen

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Another Forward. All the pre-draft hand-wringing over how the Canucks were surely going to "reach" for position in the first round and pick a Defenceman. And they may actually walk away from the entire draft altogether, without a single defensive prospect selected? :laugh:

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Jim Benning was talking non-stop before the draft about how you build your team through the middle and on the back-end...and has proceeded to draft one center, one goalie, and six wingers :laugh:

I don't mind it at all, but for once it looks like Benning might not have telegraphed their draft ahead of time.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Another Forward. All the pre-draft hand-wringing over how the Canucks were surely going to "reach" for position in the first round and pick a Defenceman. And they may actually walk away from the entire draft altogether, without a single defensive prospect selected? :laugh:

Kind of bizarre if you ask me.We have probably the worst d-core in the league,zero depth on the right side and almost no strong defensive defencemen in the system besides Woo and we draft or trade for 11 players today and not one D-man.
This could,and likely will,blow up in our face in a few years time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad