Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft, Day Two

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
It is kinda strange. Positional drafting is pretty pointless, especially outside the 1st round. It's not like you can count on getting anything for your NHL club out of these picks to begin with...much less start getting choosy about which position they play. But you do want to get some more irons in the fire at least, at a position of organizational weakness - and a position that's notorious difficult to trade for. :dunno:

Kinda have to figure the D they liked with "upside" have just all been scooped up at a bit of a premium. Which seems reasonable i suppose. There were quite a few going earlier in this later round murky mess.
Maybe. Either way, I think it was you who said maybe the Canucks just don't like this draft in general. Between no D-men and no American (college/USHL) pick, it's indeed strange, and not looking like a typical "Canucks draft.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Karel Plasek. Overage. I actually didn't mind him last season as a 7th round flyer.
images

just how overage ?!

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Yeah. I'd take a total lack of US players as saying something about Brackett's estimation of this class in and of itself. And i think he's earned quite a bit of trust in that region. The silence speaks volumes sort of thing.
Yep, exactly what I was getting at in my last post just now.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe. Either way, I think it was you who said maybe the Canucks just don't like this draft in general. Between no D-men and no American (college/USHL) pick, it's indeed strange, and not looking like a typical "Canucks draft.

I think it was actually Feebs that suggested that, but i agreed. That appears to be the sentiment, with the way they've just sorta divested into a collection of random late round darts to throw - quantity over quality style.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I feel like Nashville ran out of players and had to pull up some draft lists real quick.

Feels like a lot of teams are probably really scraping the bottom of their lists...or more likely, just throwing picks to various regional scouts at this point.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Pretty good stats for Malone in the USHL, has good size. Committed to Cornell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad