Post-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft, Day Two

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Welp, hoping I get happy text draft updates today....

Off to softball tournament—good luck guys hope I dont come back to a full meltdown...

Break in the tournament for me, just want to say **** this team **** Jim Benning, **** Francesco Aquillini and especially anyone who defends these absolute dogs*** moves bleeding value out of every orifice.

Enjoy the rest of your days.

Last edited:

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Picks:

10. Vasili Podkolzin, RW
40. Nils Hoglander, LW
122. Ethan Keppen, LW
133. Carson Focht, C* Over-age
156. Arturs Silovs, G*
175. Karel Plasek, LW/RW Over-age
180. Jack Malone, RW/LW Over-age
195. Aidan McDonough, LW Over-age
215. Arvid Costmar, C

Also Gained: Miller, Perron
Also Lost: 2020 protected 1st round pick, Marazek, Pyatt

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Good top 2 picks, nothing really intriguing about the others and theyll be 3-5 years away anyway. Needed to get D now I'm terrified of how much money theyll throw around in FA at Myers/Gardiner.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Break in the tournament for me, just want to say **** this team **** Jim Benning, **** Francesco Aquillini and especially anyone who defends these absolute dogs*** moves bleeding value out of every orifice.

Lmao I’ve been tweeting this since I woke up to the Miller trade

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Good top 2 picks, nothing really intriguing about the others and theyll be 3-5 years away anyway. Needed to get D now I'm terrified of how much money theyll throw around in FA at Myers/Gardiner.

Actually they won't have much money left now unless they can move some forwards out. That really should have been done prior to going after Miller...

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Just baffling.

Nine picks and not one to address our extremely shallow defence prospect pool.

A trade that lets the whole league know that we have to make the playoffs this season, weakening our bargaining position with UFAs and upcoming trade partners.

JT Miller makes the team better, but the risk and overpayment is huge.

Why place a bet on making the playoffs when you thought you were going to make them the last four seasons... and didn’t?

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria

You’re not leaving, are you?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Drafting a dman in the late rounds would take 3-4 years to develop anyway and have zero impact whatsoever on who sign in free agency. It just simply was a weak draft for dmen in the later rounds

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Pick Grades
10. Vasili Podkolzin, B+
40. Nils Hoglander, B
122. Ethan Keppen, C reminds me of Jonah Gadjovich
133. Carson Focht, D+ feel like its a wasted pick
156. Arturs Silovs, C+ good value pick
175. Karel Plasek, C good stats in international tournaments
180. Jack Malone, C
195. Aidan McDonough C-
215. Arvid Costmar B

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Drafting a dman in the late rounds would take 3-4 years to develop anyway and have zero impact whatsoever on who sign in free agency. It just simply was a weak draft for dmen in the later rounds
You draft Dmen in volume and hope you get a gem eventually, Canucks are never getting out of the hole that is their back end unless volume picks are added to the pool. Relying on Olli, Woo and someone else to hit is crazy and all D take long to develop might as well start now.

member 290103

Man it is hard to listen to Benning. Every player he acquires he says the same thing: he's fast, he can get in on the forecheck, he will help with the development of our young kids.....STFU you braindead imbecile!!!!

Honestly, at this point, I hope they miss next year BAD and there is legit panic that we will have given up a potential #1 overall pick in 2021. Anything to be rid of this doofus.

Reactions: xtr3m

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I just thought it would be fun to point out that the Carolina Hurricanes, a team that was in the semi-finals this year, had 9 picks before the Canucks picked for the 3rd time in this draft.

Huh, that is fun. Jeez this is all just so much fun.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I just thought it would be fun to point out that the Carolina Hurricanes, a team that was in the semi-finals this year, had 9 picks before the Canucks picked for the 3rd time in this draft.

This is not a fun fact :(

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Reactions: VanillaCoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad