GDT: 2019 NHL Draft - 8:00 PM ET- NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The hell they do lol. I've been a dolphins fan for 30 years. They have never drafted BPA all the time.

Football and hockey are totally different drafts and styles. In the NFL you draft for need because the players jump right in. Hockey isn’t that way at all. Honestly baseball is the only draft hockey really compares with, just in a sense that there is a good chance you won’t see said players for a few years.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Football and hockey are totally different drafts and styles. In the NFL you draft for need because the players jump right in. Hockey isn’t that way at all. Honestly baseball is the only draft hockey really compares with, just in a sense that there is a good chance you won’t see said players for a few years.

It's really funny how different the drafts are

MLB - 40, yes 40, rounds. No one really cares about it, in fact they do it in the middle of the season. Most guys that actually make it will not play in the biggs for years with many of them grinding through multiple levels of minor league development.
NBA - 2, yes 2, rounds. Most players outside the top 4-5 picks will not be impact players.
NFL - 7 rounds and all of the picks (except QBs) are expected to start playing immediately. In fact, you will probably sign guys that didn't get drafted at all off your practice squad.
NHL - 7 rounds, only a handful in the 1st round will play immediately, more will trickle in every year for 3-4 years.

It can be jarring when you start following a new sport. I remember when I first started following football the Jets traded a decent player for a 3rd round pick and I thought it was a disaster, and then I was shocked when all the other Jets fans were thrilled with the trade. lol.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm fine with anyone available at this point. Just hoping we dont go off the board too far. I like a lot of guys available.

I kinda like Lavoie. Was really impressed with him in one of the playoff games I watched him in. He was his entire team down the stretch of the game.

Wouldnt mind the big Dman (not vlasic) either

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'm fine with anyone available at this point. Just hoping we dont go off the board too far. I like a lot of guys available.

I kinda like Lavoie. Was really impressed with him in one of the playoff games I watched him in. He was his entire team down the stretch of the game.

Wouldnt mind the big Dman (not vlasic) either
What's the issue w vlasic?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I’m good. I want a proper vet for Hughes.
doesn't mean you trade zacha. what value would he bring back that's would be worth more than his value to the team currently. just keep him unless it's a crazy good deal -- zajac is 34 years old. devils don't have many young, big and good defensive forwards on the team and in the prospect pool.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm NOT shocked that Arthur Kaliyev's name wasnt called, but I am a little surprised.

I'm MORE surprised that Bobby Brink's name wasnt called.

I'm NOT surprised, but happy that Jamieson Rees' name wasnt called.

The fact that the Devils are going to get one of these THREE players, absolutely has me SWIMMING tonight.

Prior to the draft my HOPE was the Devils would get Rees at #34, (see below) but now I have Kaliyev & Brink to hope for before that point!

It's good to be a Devils' fan in 2019!

My hopes:

1) Jack Hughes (given)
34) Jamieson Rees
55) Drew Helleson
61) Alex Vlasic

Make it happen.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
I'm NOT shocked that Arthur Kaliyev's name wasnt called, but I am a little surprised.

I'm MORE surprised that Bobby Brink's name wasnt called.

I'm NOT surprised, but happy that Jamieson Rees' name wasnt called.

The fact that the Devils are going to get one of these THREE players, absolutely has me SWIMMING tonight.

Prior to the draft my HOPE was the Devils would get Rees at #34, but now I have Kaliyev & Brink to hope for before that point!

It's good to be a Devils' fan in 2019!

Totally!
Yesterday I was hoping at best we could get M. Robertson and didnt even really think he'd be there.
Now hes not even the BPA! allthough I still really like him here and would highly consider it.
Its going to be a tough decision tomorrow but a great one. My guess is that OTT and LA go forward ahead of us with these guys still sitting there, will make things a bit clearer for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad