GDT: 2019 NHL Draft - 8:00 PM ET- NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Brink and Kaliyev are both pure goal scorers. While Brink does need to improve his skating, that’s easier to fix than laziness/bad attitude. I would stay away from Kaliyev at 34 with so much other safer talent to choose from.

I’m surprised the LD Robertson is still available. I will be quite pleased if he is our pick. Brink or Rees would be fine selections, too. It’s a moderate surprise that Brink is still on the board.

At this point, my dream scenario may just be a combo of Brink or Rees at 34 and then Korczak at 55 (though unlikely he is there as D-men are going quickly).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There could be some confusion with the term BPA here, when I say BPA I definitely don't mean some league wide consensus, I mean BPA on the Devils' list. When you get deep in the draft there can definitely be multiple guys that you see as pretty much even. This notion that because LD for example is a big need at the NHL level we should pick one at 34 is complete nonsense though.

There's no confusion, obviously we're all referring to the Devils' internal list. I'm just saying there isn't going to be such a stark difference between guys so saying always go BPA simplifies later-round drafting. For early-round picks though, the rankings and talent level is just too high, and a lot of times there are clear tiers early in a draft, we don't exactly disagree here. I think the confusion is when someone says BPA all the time it gets used too literally when there isn't really a clear tier later on and picks do get used for need, upside plays, whatever.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Define how you are using BPA, because every team has a different draft list. If you are comparing who they picked to some scouting list by the media or fans, you aren't using that term the same way I am.
They picked a LT in the 1st round last year with 32 inch arms as they just lost their previous LT to the Giants. They picked based off of need to protect their qb and most experts still think he will be a guard.

That is picking off of need. I wont even call it a negative, just how it is. It's the same reason we picked Blackwood when everyone lost their crap. We didnt have a Goalie bbn in the pipeline so we drafted based on need.

Reactions: devilsblood

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Brooks definitely had legit sources in the Lou era at least, he was the first to have our 'lifetime contract in the $100 million range' for Kovalchuk.

Reactions: Tretyak 20

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I’ll be happy with Robertson or Hoglander. Kid looked pretty angry. I like to see the passion. Also noticed the kid Kakko not looking very happy going 2nd even though it’s to play in the most famous arena in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->