GDT: 2019 NHL Draft - 8:00 PM ET- NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
I'm NOT shocked that Arthur Kaliyev's name wasnt called, but I am a little surprised.

I'm MORE surprised that Bobby Brink's name wasnt called.

I'm NOT surprised, but happy that Jamieson Rees' name wasnt called.

The fact that the Devils are going to get one of these THREE players, absolutely has me SWIMMING tonight.

Prior to the draft my HOPE was the Devils would get Rees at #34, (see below) but now I have Kaliyev & Brink to hope for before that point!

It's good to be a Devils' fan in 2019!
Theres a major reason Kalyiev fell - I want no part of players who arent mentally ready

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The picture of the top three this year looks a lot like the picture of the top 3 in Kane's draft year:

64754819_10156231249222466_4617897808152756224_o.jpg

nhl_g_draft_412.jpg

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I'm NOT shocked that Arthur Kaliyev's name wasnt called, but I am a little surprised.

I'm MORE surprised that Bobby Brink's name wasnt called.

I'm NOT surprised, but happy that Jamieson Rees' name wasnt called.

The fact that the Devils are going to get one of these THREE players, absolutely has me SWIMMING tonight.

Prior to the draft my HOPE was the Devils would get Rees at #34, (see below) but now I have Kaliyev & Brink to hope for before that point!

It's good to be a Devils' fan in 2019!
Brink has some pretty impressive ushl numbers , also is a RW. Very tough choice too with Lavoie there. He is 6'4 200 lbs already and is a good scorer. We lack goal scoring and size upfront so I wouldn't be disappointed if we take him.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Theres a major reason Kalyiev fell - I want no part of players who arent mentally ready

There's a major reason Kalyiev fell, but there's "falling" and then there's "plummeting", and this is the latter.

If he's available at #34, I abandon my prior pick of Rees for him.

If Brink is available at #34, I also abandon my prior pick of Rees for him.

In other words, I am PSYCHED tonight, because I'm pretty ******* 100% sure the Devils are either going to get Brink, Rees, or Kalyiev!

In fact, at posting this, If I'm Shero I TRADE pick #61 and pick #70 to move up to pick #33 to get TWO of the THREE of Rees, Brink & Kalyiev.

Reactions: Davegarri

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The picture of the top three this year looks a lot like the picture of the top 3 in Kane's draft year:

64754819_10156231249222466_4617897808152756224_o.jpg

nhl_g_draft_412.jpg

Hughes really isn't that much smaller than Kakko. The way everyone has been talking has made it seem like Kakko is a giant compared to him.

Glad we took Hughes

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
There's a major reason Kalyiev fell, but there's "falling" and then there's "plummeting", and this is the latter.

If he's available at #34, I abandon my prior pick of Rees for him.

If Brink is available at #34, I also abandon my prior pick of Rees for him.

In other words, I am PSYCHED tonight, because I'm pretty ******* 100% sure the Devils are either going to get Brink, Rees, or Kalyiev!

In fact, at posting this, If I'm Shero I TRADE pick #61 and pick #70 to move up to pick #33 to get TWO of the THREE of Rees, Brink & Kalyiev.
Kalyiev isnt worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick IMO. Skill is there but the mental isnt. Thats so much of todays game and why every organization skipped him after being ranked so highly.

Earliest id go is our second 3rd round pick

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Kalyiev isnt worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick IMO. Skill is there but the mental isnt. Thats so much of todays game and why every organization skipped him after being ranked so highly.

He's just a kid, he'll be fine. Give him Bratts psychologist

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

That's a ridiculous statement, given most NHL experts had him going #15 to #35.

The Devils would be crazy fortunate to get Kalyiev at #34, or something like #33 or #35 in a minor trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad