GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk III

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
All best wishes to Gemel, who seems like a good kid, and I hope that he makes it in Tampa.

Agreed. It is interesting that Bruins were looking to re-sign him. Without knowing the exact specifics of what Gemel is wrestling with, I am not surprised he chose Tampa. Sunshine and fresh air, easy to get in Florida year round, is one of the prescriptions for dealing with depression.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think maybe I'm finally understanding what the Bruins were thinking this summer when they signed Ritchie, Guance and now Petro.
Maybe they were never intended to make the roster but to be held in reserve in Providence .

If they end up playing another team of headhunters like St.Louis they might be able to answer, a least a little better than last post season.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think maybe I'm finally understanding what the Bruins were thinking this summer when they signed Ritchie, Guance and now Petro.
Maybe they were never intended to make the roster but to be held in reserve in Providence .

If they end up playing another team of headhunters like St.Louis they might be able to answer, a least a little better than last post season.

I didn't see anything from Ritchie or Gaunce that would lead me to believe they would answer anything when it comes to physicality. I liked Gaunce during preseason and he seems like good Providence depth, but he didn't appear to be overly physical. Ritchie..... Over-hyped by the Tough Lovers Crew. This guy is 6'3'' 220 lbs, slow and inconsistent as it gets when it comes to throwing a hit. His size is great for protection and down-low battles, but he doesn't seem like a guy who will ever be able to throw a big hit because he's too slow and always chasing the play. Maybe he'll throw hands 2-3 times this year, but color me as unimpressed as it gets. Still holding out hope he's waived to Providence.

If everyone is healthy, Petrovic is probably the #5 RHD in the system, but I'd call up Lauzon, Zboril and Vaakanainen before him. Not sure he's a guy who will get into an NHL game unless there are massive injuries and we're seriously depleted....It can happen though as we all remember Tommy Cross getting into games.

Reactions: Ratty

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Gaunce isn't Bob Probert, he is a pretty good player who has yet to put it together in the NHL. All of these players were high picks in their draft years and have only been with one or two teams, Bruins may be thinking their is still untapped potential in all of them. At worst Gaunce and Petrovic are young veterans who will help the Steens, Lauko's, Zech's, etc in Providence. They should also help Providence win some games and provide veteran depth when injuries hit.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Gaunce isn't Bob Probert, he is a pretty good player who has yet to put it together in the NHL. All of these players were high picks in their draft years and have only been with one or two teams, Bruins may be thinking their is still untapped potential in all of them. At worst Gaunce and Petrovic are young veterans who will help the Steens, Lauko's, Zech's, etc in Providence. They should also help Providence win some games and provide veteran depth when injuries hit.

No Gaunce is not Bob Probert, nor does he need to be. That era is gone, didn't see the Blues fight anyone in the SCF. The idea is at least to be big enough so that when someone comes in with a shoulder it doesn't hit you in the head. To be solid enough so that when someone hits you, you don't get knocked off the puck, did you notice what happened when someone hit Coyle, he just kept going .Maybe he risks getting hurt too, thinks twice. Maybe, you hit our guys we hit yours, calms you down. The reason the Blues ran rampant is that there was zero push back, it was actually less than zero when they took youer player out , now you had to play a man down for the rest of the game. It happened twice.

Speed is good and all but our good players aren't really that fast and our fast players aren't that good.

I don't buy the veterans are gonna help in Providence BS. They still have to work out their own game, not sure how your gonna teach what you don't know. Secondly between Ritchie, Gaunce and Petro you have almost 2M invested in 3 players. That's almost an entire AHL team budget for some teams. Jacobs is gonna sign off on that? Don't see it.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Poolparty is gaining interest from clubs, with Larsson going down, and Miller close to returning, is there a potential fit there for us?
JP on Krejci's RW I believe would be a good fit and Miller is not taking anyone's spot here.
Celharik and Miller for JP?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Poolparty is gaining interest from clubs, with Larsson going down, and Miller close to returning, is there a potential fit there for us?
JP on Krejci's RW I believe would be a good fit and Miller is not taking anyone's spot here.
JP is brainless as far as I've seen, I don't have much interest. We have so many other options for that RW spot even if none of them are slam dunks.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think the value is off, but (like I've said in the past) I like the target.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
At 5 mil large for the next four years, this is tough to swallow for a cap challenged team like the Bruins. It’s not like he is a perennial 25-30 goal scorer.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

You make good points and Miller is redundant now with Clifton, Vaak, Lauzon and Zboril all NHL ready now. JP is worth that gamble. If it fails no big deal Miller was leaving anyways.

In a perfect world replacing Backes on the 4th line with Lidholm saves us 5,150,000 Million. Add that to saving 2.5 on Miller. Well that's 7,650,000 to get Krech a shiny new RW.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad