GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk III

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

This what I've been saying, a twit GM (hello Chia) does otherwise, a few other twits follow suite and it becomes the rule? Hell no. Bridge contracts are an important part of the salary structure in the cap world, skipping that step is a colossal mistake

There are cases where it makes sense but definitely not for guys who start playing in the NHL a year or two after being drafted.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I make fun of the Leafs all the time but I actually have sympathy. Their GM has not only allowed the inmates to run the asylum but those inmates are going to be paroled in their mid 20’s leaving Toronto in Suckville with no stars and feeling the effects of that horrific Muzzin deal losing 3 assets including a first round pick and a very good prospect- and the Marleau deal where they traded another first rounder

This will catch up in 4-6 years

The only thing they have going is the guy who authored the Salary Cap was hired and has showed Scooby Doo-bas how to circumvent it

Pathetic

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I make fun of the Leafs all the time but I actually have sympathy. Their GM has not only allowed the inmates to run the asylum but those inmates are going to be paroled in their mid 20’s leaving Toronto in Suckville with no stars and feeling the effects of that horrific Muzzin deal losing 3 assets including a first round pick and a very good prospect- and the Marleau deal where they traded another first rounder

This will catch up in 4-6 years

The only thing they have going is the guy who authored the Salary Cap was hired and has showed Scooby Doo-bas how to circumvent it

Pathetic
I read on the main boards something rather funny. The poster was saying how Tavares gave the Isles a discount to help build the team. Isles never used that to stack the team around him. He goes to the Leafs and takes a lesser deal again and the kids all gobble up the money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad