GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk III

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Color me shocked.

I don’t know about a “good” return, but probably a return similar to what McQuaid fetched.

Would like to get something for Miller, but then again if Cliffyhockey has a sophomore blip or (God forbid) gets hurt, there are problems on that right side. Kampfer isn't any sort of long-term option. Axel is not yet a rose either. I guess Gryz can play his off side if needed.

Reactions: Strafer

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Would like to get something for Miller, but then again if Cliffyhockey has a sophomore blip or (God forbid) gets hurt, there are problems on that right side. Kampfer isn't any sort of long-term option. Axel is not yet a rose either. I guess Gryz can play his off side if needed.

I like Lauzon to play on his off side.Looked good when he did it last year.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Eric just sent me this

Not sounding good

I really love what Kevan brings , I really do. What I don't like is how often he can't bring it. I gave up on this guy a while back. This isn't kicking your drug addict friend to curb, it's realizing he's not gonna ever gonna make it.

Just for the record. No, I'm not trying to suggest Miller is a drug addict but he's a guy who is not going to make it IMO. Physically, I don't think he's gonna make it.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
If we need the cap space move him. If not great guy for a long playoff run

Agreed. Would move him if needed. But if not needed, he's a beast they should keep for depth.

Yes, brutal injury he had, but he's a complete workhorse when it comes to conditioning. You have to believe he's the type to do everything in his power to heal up and be as strong as ever. So, when he heals, he's one guy I give a chance to get his game back and show he's ready for the challenge.

They could have really used him against the Blues. He's worth the risk, if it works with the cap.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Would love to see Miller play 60 games this year, but I would be happy with 40. Too bad injuries have derailed his career because he is just what they need on D right now, physical D who is big and can skate and hit.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Would love to see Miller play 60 games this year, but I would be happy with 40. Too bad injuries have derailed his career because he is just what they need on D right now, physical D who is big and can skate and hit.
While I don't disagree that his skillset is still valuable, with McAvoy, Carlo & Clifton all emerging on the right side they can afford to lose him.

That said, I could see Clifton having a sophomore slump and Kevan returning to eat up his minutes by December.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
While I don't disagree that his skillset is still valuable, with McAvoy, Carlo & Clifton all emerging on the right side they can afford to lose him.

That said, I could see Clifton having a sophomore slump and Kevan returning to eat up his minutes by December.

I think we'll know what we have in Clif within the first 2-3 weeks and if he isn't bringing it then we'll see a call up before Miller or Moore return.

I really really liked Clifton last season, but would be okay with seeing Vaak, Zbroil or Lauzon step in if need be.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think we'll know what we have in Clif within the first 2-3 weeks and if he isn't bringing it then we'll see a call up before Miller or Moore return.

I really really liked Clifton last season, but would be okay with seeing Vaak, Zbroil or Lauzon step in if need be.

The dreaded Sophmore Slump is real.

Hope Cliffy can rise above it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Carlo 2 years @ 2.8 or so would be great to see today. The guys did just fine with Killer most of last season. Their defensive depth will handle that adjustment. They need Carlo however, he's a defensive horse.
Good call the Bruins just signed Carlo for 2 years with an AAV @ $2.85M

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I really love what Kevan brings , I really do. What I don't like is how often he can't bring it. I gave up on this guy a while back. This isn't kicking your drug addict friend to curb, it's realizing he's not gonna ever gonna make it.

Just for the record. No, I'm not trying to suggest Miller is a drug addict but he's a guy who is not going to make it IMO. Physically, I don't think he's gonna make it.

That injury is bad especially since it came back when he wasn't playing. I've expected him to be on LTIR to start all along. 10-15 teams would be calling about his services for a year if healthy.

Nice to know that our RFAs are locked up and we are 4 deep on the right. I am a fan of Clifton and Kampfer. Left side looks 5 deep Lauzen and Vaak are NHLers. Don't think anyone other than those 9 will amount to anything. Wonder if we can get something of interest for Zboril who could use a new organization?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->